Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2020

George BM

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

This is that thing where LWX dots every i and crosses every t for heat products... 104 heat index sorry y'all. I get it but it is funny to compare to svr as noted earlier in this thread. Watch they'll fill it in overnight or something. 

And to the east//NE Mount Holly has excessive heat warnings in effect. lol. 

I suppose there will be some discussion/collaboration this evening, and the disparity will be rectified.

42 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Hearing a rumor that Cecil and Garrett counties are going to be added to LWX CWA at some point this year. Can anyone confirm?

42 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Hearing a rumor that Cecil and Garrett counties are going to be added to LWX CWA at some point this year. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/scn20-31md_countiesaaa.pdf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian said:

This is that thing where LWX dots every i and crosses every t for heat products... 104 heat index sorry y'all. I get it but it is funny to compare to svr as noted earlier in this thread. Watch they'll fill it in overnight or something. 

I hope not. Looking at the nws map of the east coast, we look tough for a change.

17 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Outside of the higher terrain well to the west, and immediate coastal areas, the Euro has very little rain for N VA, MD. S PA, DE through next Saturday. Brutally hot and no rain. If that verifies it is gonna be really crispy around here.

Gfs still has 1-2”!:yikes:

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Gfs still has 1-2”!:yikes:

Yeah there seems to be a lack of agreement on the location/progress of the front, and where it ultimately washes out or stalls. The latest Euro run seems to move it through and stall it to our south later in the week. It has decent rains down in central and eastern VA, and also along the coast of MD and southern DE.

16 hours ago, Ian said:

There has to be a reason this happens so much in and around the city? LWX cautious in the face of 102-104 heat indexes on the models (ok, GFS might have been nearer 100)... then the short term models strongly affirm and they go ahead with it overnight. 

Not going to overblow the messaging angle because I think most have been advertising today and tomorrow being ugly for a while. But it's still kinda weird. When issuing svr in theory you don't always wait until the svr is happening because you know it's inbound based on expertise. But with heat index forecasts it again seems all dotted i and crossed t before going there. 

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

There has to be a reason this happens so much in and around the city? LWX cautious in the face of 102-104 heat indexes on the models (ok, GFS might have been nearer 100)... then the short term models strongly affirm and they go ahead with it overnight. 

Not going to overblow the messaging angle because I think most have been advertising today and tomorrow being ugly for a while. But it's still kinda weird. When issuing svr in theory you don't always wait until the svr is happening because you know it's inbound based on expertise. But with heat index forecasts it again seems all dotted i and crossed t before going there. 

Yesterday’s map was really weird.  I know they discuss continuity with adjacent offices.  

BWI hit 90F at 9:40 AM. Currently 91/74 there.

DCA has just hit 90F as of 10:20 AM. 90/73

IAD hit 90F at 9:50 AM. 90/72

Already 5,000 SBCAPE in MD's southeast shore but that will definitely be wasted today as there's no trigger for storms

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Yesterday’s map was really weird.  I know they discuss continuity with adjacent offices.  

yeah it was a particularly weird case. but overall there seems to be hesitancy until there is very strong agreement of reaching.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic