Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter 2020

George BM

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

@nw baltimore wx. @mappyI'm here for all your electrical needs :D

I will keep you in my Rolodex. My dad is a retired electrician but lives in FL. And my one brother is also an electrician but lives in OH. So I cannot call on them. We have a guy in our neighborhood we have used who is very good but always loose his contact info. 

21 hours ago, CAPE said:

Phillies game too.

Then there is the player who got permission to leave the NBA bubble for a funeral, stopped off at a strip club, and came back with COVID.

This wont end well, or should I say, it will end soon lol.

eta- he is in quarantine, not positive for covid(yet)

That is always the way I react to attending a funeral too, immediately hitting the strip clubs.....

17 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Was in north OC for the week. Wiped down everything in the condo and brought our own linens/pillows. Generally everyone kept to themselves. One huge group of 50-60 people in multiple condos that obviously didnt care. Drinking games, barfing on the beach, etc. Age range from 5-70. We stayed away from them and found a spot that wasn't too crowded and everyone kept their distance. We did carry out at restaurants that we scoped out prior to ordering and appeared to be trying their best to keep things clean and safe. Rode bikes up to Fenwick, lots of people on bunting ave. I took a test prior to going, took 7 days to get (negative) results.

The idiots that can't keep low key and isolated are ruining it for everyone.

We were in North OC (136th) for the last 2 weeks.  We usually stay in one of the high-rises around 100th, but were not comfortable being around so many people.  We found a condo with only one other unit in the building (occupied by the owners) and a private beach access.  We spent the first 3 hours basically nuking it.  I was pleasantly surprised how well folks were social distancing on the beach.  Instead of everyone setting up in a couple rows within 15 meters of the water, folks were using the entire beach.  We got carryout from several restaurants that had their act together, but I definitely saw some that didn't.  We thought about getting carry out from Tequila Mockingbird, but you had to go into their packed bar to pick it up.  Forget about that!  There were also a few covidiots at the grocery store who couldn't figure out how to wear a mask properly or how to socially distance.   We stayed away from the boardwalk, but when I looked at the webcams, it seemed much less crowded than usual.  

• Like 1

If anyone here that likes sports/culture/politics convergence sites and misses Deadspin, heads up that they are getting the gang back together. Starting a co-op site (they will own it), and subscription based. I already tossed my money at them. Glad to have them back.

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1288079267637661697

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Trip to North Africa tonight. Mediterranean fish Shakshuka style. Just a small bit of heat with some Harissa seasoning. Fresh mint on top. All cooked on the stove top so I did not have to heat up the house with the oven. 

Can you share the recipe?

• Like 1

spent the first half of the day staking out silt fencing for a site in Baltimore. Was nice to get out of the house for a few hours and see the wonderful industrial park that is the port of baltimore area. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

First time watching a baseball game in the home bar in 9 months. Drinking a RAR Blueberry cheesecake ice cream beer. 

Congrats for falling off the wagon! If you don’t mind me asking, how much weight did you end up losing during your beer sabbatical? I need to do something like that, but I might give up solid food and keep drinking.

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Congrats for for falling off the wagon! If you don’t mind me asking, how much weight did you end up losing during your beer sabbatical? I need to do something like that, but I might give up solid food and keep drinking.

30 days no alcohol. I did the clean eats thing too though and kinda still doing that for the most part. I lost 20 pounds. 213 down to 193 in basically 4 weeks. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

14yo Baltimore sports fan Mo Gaba passed away today.

F cancer and F u 2020

This one hits hard. Full Tilt brewing made a post about it, I said we need a brew in honor of Mo. we can call it “infectious laugh”. Proceeds go to battling cancer. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic