• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hc7
    Newest Member
    Hc7

June Discussion

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Holy sh*t... BTV pulling a 96F today (two hourly obs of 95F too, that's high end heat).

00z obs are in with the max temps over 90F.  All of them seemed to be in the northern/western flank of New England, from NNH/NVT down through Berkshire valleys and CT Valley and into CT.

BTV...  96F

CEF... 94F

BDL... 94F

AQW... 92F

HFD... 92F

DDH... 91F

LEB... 91F

MVL... 91F

HIE... 90F

BML... 90F

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Enjoy!

The novelty is wearing off, ha.  It was fun for a few days.  I could use a high of 78F for a day and then it can come back.

Thursday through Saturday have highs progged in the mid-70s with dews in the 40s and 50s, so that'll be a nice change.

Thursday
Partly sunny with a chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Friday
Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s.
Saturday
Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s.

Some real heavy rain just south of Waterbury.  Not sure if @J.Spin got into it but radar estimates are 2.5-3.5" in that area.

...FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 945 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR WEST CENTRAL WASHINGTON AND SOUTHEASTERN CHITTENDEN COUNTIES...

At 744 PM EDT, While rainfall has ended across the warning area, prior radar estimates suggest that around 3 inches of rain fell in the Duxbury area.

Localized flash flooding or high water remain likely over the next hour.

• Like 1

Got done mowing tonight and had to tale a shower as i thought i was in a dust bowl out west.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The novelty is wearing off, ha.  It was fun for a few days.  I could use a high of 78F for a day and then it can come back.

Thursday through Saturday have highs progged in the mid-70s with dews in the 40s and 50s, so that'll be a nice change.

Thursday
Partly sunny with a chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Friday
Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s.
Saturday
Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s.

Yep now the showers return with angry tourists.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Days and days of 88-95. Except today in ern areas. 

So glad that is not us.  80F is as warm as I’d like it.  We’ve had quite a few 80F plus days this month which is fine by me.

• Like 1

I will say the bulk of big heat looks to be west of us in early July. Maybe it’s one of those things where an ocnl EML breaks off and torches us for a day in an otherwise very warm pattern. 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

So glad that is not us.  80F is as warm as I’d like it.  We’ve had quite a few 80F plus days this month which is fine by me.

Yeah srm areas with cooler 850s and proximity to ocean helps. But go 20-30 miles off the south coast and it’s been darn warm. The true torch is up north. We know they love this. 

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

BTV with 5 consecutive days AOA 90 including today.  Wow!

The mountain valley radiator sites have done 5 days of 90F... but BTV has taken it to another level with 94/94/96 for the past three days.   That's a sustained "mid-90s for highs" type of torch.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah srm areas with cooler 850s and proximity to ocean helps. But go 20-30 miles off the south coast and it’s been darn warm. The true torch is up north. We know they love this. 

I'm all for anomalous weather... get some records or noteworthy stats out of it.  I have been thinking that like 85/70 might annoy me more.  This hasn't been a humid heat, dews are higher with these storms but good mixing dries it out.  Then again, I think if it was more humid we wouldn't be able to achieve this run of temps.  Usually in a hot stretch there's at least a day or two that might have temps knocked back, but this has been sustained great conditions for high temps in areas that don't see this type of thing.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm all for anomalous weather... get some records or noteworthy stats out of it.  I have been thinking that like 85/70 might annoy me more.  This hasn't been a humid heat, dews are higher with these storms but good mixing dries it out.  Then again, I think if it was more humid we wouldn't be able to achieve this run of temps.  Usually in a hot stretch there's at least a day or two that might have temps knocked back, but this has been sustained great conditions for high temps in areas that don't see this type of thing.

Lake Champlain already at 77F I saw on NECN. How anomalous is that?

Yeah...dews and nights have been fairly meh. This heat has been tolerable. The swampazz amidst a rainy stretch is what gets me to finally install.

22 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Lake Champlain already at 77F I saw on NECN. How anomalous is that?

Record for June and 1 degree off the all time record. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

btoDYxn.png

Yea awt, you 500 feet higher have not hit 90, post a pic of your Davis high temp for the month.

89.8 at your high school stem "in the valley" as you say by the way,  figure you topped out at 86

Screenshot_20200622-222706_Chrome.jpg

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Weather station says I picked up an inch and a half of rain today. It was really pouring for a while. 

On top of the other day when you had over 0.6 or whatever.  Not bad.