Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

18 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Stole this from the lawn thread.  The folks across the street's lawn is crispy.  Sprinkler for the win.

We're putting the house on the market in a week or so--need to keep it looking decent. (yup, moving again).

You just moved in. Is ORH too inner city for y’all? Where you moving?

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Stole this from the lawn thread.  The folks across the street's lawn is crispy.  Sprinkler for the win.

We're putting the house on the market in a week or so--need to keep it looking decent. (yup, moving again).

Obviously you must have a mover come in because moving sucks.

I got caught in a couple of downpours on the drive home from Rutland.  No rain here, still.  We are currently missing a storm to our west by no more than a couple of miles.  In about 15 minutes another storm will scoot by about 4 miles to our east.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Whetstone Station Brewery in Brattleboro is open!  We distance, we summer, we IPA! 

965E3093-9ED5-4E11-B207-202178F75F62.thumb.jpeg.624f7cab5764062bb11961b0f6b3e9fb.jpeg

3 new Vermont breweries looking to open

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/three-new-vermont-breweries-work-to-open-during-the-pandemic/Content?oid=30657807

It might take an apocalypse to stop new breweries from opening in Vermont. Even then, a few would likely make it through.

As the COVID-19 pandemic emptied out tasting rooms and halted growler fills, the state's breweries pivoted to curbside pickup and local delivery. Some even offered drive-through can and bottle sales — including the Vermont Brewers Association, which recently hosted a "drive-through exbeerience" at which hopheads could fill their trunks with local brews.

For the state's breweries-to-be, the pandemic shutdown has altered timelines and business plans. Their owners have been watching what works for existing breweries, selling their visions to investors online or proving they're up to code in virtual health inspections. As the hospitality industry begins to reopen and the taps start flowing again this summer, these new stops on Vermont's ever-growing brew trail hope beer lovers will swing by for a taste.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

SE Canada trying to flex its muscles a bit to start July too. 

Part of that just looks like we get lucky or unlucky depending on your point of view... but it’s still a hot pattern into Canada that we might sneak out of for a bit underneath it.

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Powderfreak rubbing in more VT rain. 

Would've passed on the rain today... only 0.09" and no wonder the dew point went from 63F (reasonable) to holding at 68-70F (getting miserable) all evening after that wet ground started getting hit by the sun.  It's just enough to form puddles but probably doesn't do anything for vegetation when the sun comes out immediately after and torches it.

Kept temps down, only 89F at MVL, breaking the streak of 90F days.  I'd almost perfer BTV's afternoon of 30-35% RH at like 96/61.  Shade stays cooler in lower dews.

Some max temps from this anomalous times... another good torch with highest anomalies certainly in NNE.  Thunderstorms held temps a little lower in some spots compared to recent days, but places that remained sunny the longest torched the best away from marine influence.

BTV... 96F

CON... 94F

HIE... 92F

IZG... 92F

LEB... 92F

BDL... 91F

BML... 90F

DDH... 90F

LCI... 90F

MVL... 89F

MPV... 88F

BOS... 88F

SLK... 87F

TAN... 87F

ORH... 86F

IJD... 86F

LEW... 77F

PWM... 75F

3 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Said this yesterday... definitely  looked like the Euro was trying for that.. he just posted the EPS.  Cut off low coming next week?

EbOWkRgWoAA4j2I.png

Hate to say that it’s probably not going to look that way. 

It’s more likely what comes down is a leftover mid-level weakness similar to what we just went through where we had heat lobing over the top across southern Canada and weakness to the S evolving thru the mid Atlantic into the Tennessee Valley. 

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

What the heck?  Do you do it to flip them?  

I sorta want to stay in my house until I die (or at least retire)

Pool

was 84F just now.  We have never done that before.  Bath water 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You just moved in. Is ORH too inner city for y’all? Where you moving?

No--not flippers.  We got this one, and never had a huge attraction to it.  We won't be back in the sticks of western  Mass but certainly less urban than Worcester.  I'm leaning Princeton.  My wife and daughter are thinking Southborough.  We'll see.

Regardless, my plan is to get up to Pit2 as my permanent place ASAP.  Probably not until my daughter goes to college (two more years).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some max temps from this anomalous times... another good torch with highest anomalies certainly in NNE.  Thunderstorms held temps a little lower in some spots compared to recent days, but places that remained sunny the longest torched the best away from marine influence.

BTV... 96F

CON... 94F

HIE... 92F

IZG... 92F

LEB... 92F

BDL... 91F

BML... 90F

DDH... 90F

LCI... 90F

MVL... 89F

MPV... 88F

BOS... 88F

SLK... 87F

TAN... 87F

ORH... 86F

IJD... 86F

LEW... 77F

PWM... 75F

Just one of the appeals of Pit2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BTV... 96F

CON... 94F

HIE... 92F

IZG... 92F

LEB... 92F

BDL... 91F

BML... 90F

DDH... 90F

LCI... 90F

MVL... 89F

MPV... 88F

BOS... 88F

SLK... 87F

TAN... 87F

ORH... 86F

IJD... 86F

LEW... 77F

PWM... 75F

Champ must be boiling in the waters of Lake Champlain. Today's temp of 79 is a record for ANY day in summer, besting last year's record of 78 on July 30 & in 2013/1984 . #heatwave #btv #summer

I remember posting about the increase in Saharan air-layer into the Americas/hemisphere due to HC expansion and the widening jet channel of the easterly trades related to that over the Atlantic Basin ... observable over recent summers 

several weeks later ... here we are - needs analysis but this historic plume will be interesting to explain why it is happening 

24 minutes ago, kdxken said:
Champ must be boiling in the waters of Lake Champlain. Today's temp of 79 is a record for ANY day in summer, besting last year's record of 78 on July 30 & in 2013/1984 . #heatwave #btv #summer

BTV posted this to social media, great loop showing the FROPA that should end the heat wave.  This has been high end summer.  After a high end summer shot in late May.  It has wanted to swing wildly above normal at times, yet punctuated with times of highs in the 50s here in June.

This has been a heatwave worthy of the nomenclature.