Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Was about to say that we have missed everything at my house but just looked out and my deck is slightly wet.  Thunder all around for the last hour or so.  Yesterday, the rain stopped less than a half mile away.

Looks like MPV ASOS picked up a quick 0.53" to go with the 0.35" from yesterday.  The airport grass is getting some watering, ha.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like MPV ASOS picked up a quick 0.53" to go with the 0.35" from yesterday.  The airport grass is getting some watering, ha.

We drove through it yesterday.  Downpour in Montpelier and the interstate was wet all the way until just before exit 6.  Then the road was wet again part way down the access road and in South Barre all the way up to about a half mile before my house.  These storms have been truly hit or miss.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Soaking right into those deck boards nicely.

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Probably would look better with a few scattered beads if the deck was stained.

Deck staining is next on the list after we install my new kitchen cabinets this week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll trade with Ineedmeds. I don’t know how he likes this.

This is great....my son was outside on his bike and I didn't need to put sunblock on him with the thick clouds. Wasn't raining and was plenty of warm still with the higher dews. I'd be grumpy if I was going to the beach in this, but otherwise, give me more of this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

63.7 in my livingroom  right now.. 61 in the bedroom feels great! How people like it hot and humid blows my mind.  

Yep....hot and humid sucks ass unless I'm at a pool party or the beach.

For hiking, yard work, biking, golfing, etc....I want 75/40...and if I can't have that, I'll take cloudy and 74/66.

But different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Worked last night. Just was hoping for a better day. This wx is terrible.

After days and days of heat and humidity I'd think a 1 day respite would be nice?

If we were coming off some kind of week long 55F and drizzle abomination I'd understand, but I'd prefer your weather right now.

This summer will suck. We're probably going to go into extreme drought with no severe wx...outside of hat one event that got parts of VT, NH, and MA good. Like absolutely nothing...no jet stream...it's a weak POS with weak POS lapse rates and weak POS MLCAPE. Massive ridging will park overhead come July and we'll be 95-100 with lowering dewpoints during the day and just spotty t'storms. Just may as well start looking towards fall and winter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

After days and days of heat and humidity I'd think a 1 day respite would be nice?

If we were coming off some kind of week long 55F and drizzle abomination I'd understand, but I'd prefer your weather right now.

I was planning on that, but with sun and 70s.  I just hate clouds. Blows in summer.