• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor

June Discussion

As our precious liberties return as covid fizzles away, what will the weather be like? 

Looks like it starts out with abundant amount of coc for all to share and enjoy. Will the big dews ever return, and when?

Discuss...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

As our precious liberties return as covid fizzles away, what will the weather be like? 

Looks like it starts out with abundant amount of coc for all to share and enjoy. Will the big dews ever return, and when?

Discuss...

Summer of love?

• Haha 1

Still watching severe wx/EML potential perhaps after weekend...some hints the pattern could favor this but who the hell really trusts these medium range looks

Would be cool if we could score a MCS or two with the pattern that looks to set up.

Edit: nevermind. Looks like the dew point boundary stays well to our south.

My forecast is a torrid June after the first week. I expect week of 6/1 to be -3F departure, week of 6/8 should be +1, week of 6/15 +4, week of 6/22 normal, week of 6/29 +8 (only 3 days).  

Monthly temperatures:  around +3

Monthly rain:  70% of normal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

My forecast is a torrid June after the first week. I expect week of 6/1 to be -3F departure, week of 6/8 should be +1, week of 6/15 +4, week of 6/22 normal, week of 6/29 +8 (only 3 days).  

Fair call. GL.

June is going to start with the highs not reaching our minimum temps from the past few days, ha.

Nothing but mid-50s to mid-60s for high temps Sunday through Thursday.  Whiplash from snow to record heat to late April climo.

forecast.jpg.790a466d5908a6b773f2df76897ae60a.jpg

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

Goalposts have already been moved to describe 83/65 as "oppressive", it will be "slightly oppressive."

today I'm around 70 dew.. with no breeze, so I would say it's slightly oppressive.. but yeah yesterday was mid 80 mid 60 dews and not that bad.

32 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I need an INVEST to track failing no severe weather in the immediate future 

Well we do have 92L churning out in the middle of the Atlantic lol

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A furnace month after the first 3 days . With rainfall less than 30%

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

agreed

I think we torch mid month and at the end of the month through 7/10 

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I need an INVEST to track failing no severe weather in the immediate future 

LR GFS had some Gulf Fun for *several runs showing a 970 storm. One run took it  E of FL and north ..off SE ..but that was 300 hrs out. 

I will be going to chase a hurricane again this year if the opp allows. I showed up in FL last year...the cane didn't.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

LR GFS had some Gulf Fun for *several runs showing a 970 storm. One run took it  E of FL and north ..off SE ..but that was 300 hrs out. 

I will be going to chase a hurricane again this year if the opp allows. I showed up in FL last year...the cane didn't.

Some year before I die I also pledge to do this!

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Let’s heat up the Northern Atlantic basin! 

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I assume that was Dorian? I was ready to go there but when the guidance shifted I ended up in NC. 

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Some year before I die I also pledge to do this!

It’s a ton of work but a great educational experience, not to mention seeing the incredible power of nature. Chasing is the only vacation I want lol.

51 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Heat wave begins June 8

Finishes on the 9th?

2FA6650C-7806-4C33-95BB-16071C493F0B.thumb.png.92d70b7497204fca89871e48dbf74f70.png

You wonder if this is a summer where we bake further NW and especially Canada.  The last few GFS runs have been signaling sustained big departures over Canada in the means, but more transient in SNE.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Finishes on the 9th?

2FA6650C-7806-4C33-95BB-16071C493F0B.thumb.png.92d70b7497204fca89871e48dbf74f70.png

You wonder if this is a summer where we bake further NW and especially Canada.  The last few GFS runs have been signaling sustained big departures over Canada in the means, but more transient in SNE.

Euro weeklies has that look as well. Congrats on continued jacks.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Heat wave begins June 8

Doubt it, there will be no heat wave this year in NE.