• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/13/20 Rain/Wind/Thunder obs/disc

Torch Tiger

Not looking forward to this...started up the generator today and it has a fuel leak. Wasn’t able to get it fixed. Hoping this one under delivers.
Could be the float is stuck, shut off the fuel valve and tap the float bowl on the bottom of the carburetor with a metal wrench a few times.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I think there is a low probability for a strong tornado across SE PA or NJ. There is going to be a very narrow corridor...I mean very narrow of a rather impressive overlap of ingredients 

Parameters that are being modeled def support that idea. Somewhere in SEPA into SNJ and the Delmarva region. 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

We pray!

From 22 news wwlp. Good point

Strong winds out of the south are not as common for us so trees are not as used to them. You’ll have more tree/power problems with winds out of this direction than if they were out of the west/northwest, which is a more typical wind for us. Make sure you charge your phones, bring in your bins or other loose items around your home and prepare for the possibility you lose power.

• Like 1

Could be the float is stuck, shut off the fuel valve and tap the float bowl on the bottom of the carburetor with a metal wrench a few times.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I was trying to get the carburetor apart as there were some YouTube videos saying the float pin tends to get dirty or get corroded...but I ended up stripping the last screw on the carburetor. I’ll give it a few taps and see if that helps.
  • Confused 1

That's a really nice surge of instability ahead of the main line. Going to see a quite a bit of wind damage from that. Still quite concerned across SE PA and NJ. Two opportunities for severe weather. 1) With that main line in which I think they see widespread damaging winds with gusts 65-75...maybe even an 80 along with potential for an embedded tornado or two. 2) A very low probability for a few discrete supercells to form. Still think the potential exists for a strong tornado there

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

That's a really nice surge of instability ahead of the main line. Going to see a quite a bit of wind damage from that. Still quite concerned across SE PA and NJ. Two opportunities for severe weather. 1) With that main line in which I think they see widespread damaging winds with gusts 65-75...maybe even an 80 along with potential for an embedded tornado or two. 2) A very low probability for a few discrete supercells to form. Still think the potential exists for a strong tornado there

What's your best guess as to when the strongest winds make it to the area?  And how strong do you expect them to remain once the main line goes through?

TIA.