Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol

April Discobs 2020

Pattern still looks to turn warmer towards the end of April

4indices.png

Any -NAO looks transient at best, and the EPO is soon going positive. It's been advertised for about a week to go positive around the same time, actually. Warmer pattern coming as expected.

• Like 1

Wind picking up with the back edge of showers moving through.

Rain didn't about to much here- less than a tenth. Maybe I can get some mowing done this afternoon.

2 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Pattern still looks to turn warmer towards the end of April

Any -NAO looks transient at best, and the EPO is soon going positive. It's been advertised for about a week to go positive around the same time, actually. Warmer pattern coming as expected.

Music to my ears.  I’m over the chilly weather. 

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

This weather sucks

It's windy- again. I won't complain about full sun and 52 though, knowing what lies just ahead..

eta- partly sunny is more accurate

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

This weather sucks

I dunno. Just went on a walk and the breeze was not too bad 

Temp dropping nice . That hard freeze a couple nights ago definitely put a halt on grass and haven't seen any bugs today or yesterday but I'm sure they'll be back soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

How do they look?

They seem ok. I guess most plants can survive a few hours with temps around freezing. Didn't notice much frost other than on the car, so maybe there was just enough of a breeze.

Wow it got down to 28 at Gaithersburg airport; still some frost in the shade here.  I am hoping for a warm pattern to set in as my tropical milkweeds need a couple of weeks outside before they can go into the ground. 

Being a garden hobbyist, I am so glad they didn't shut down our garden centers.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

They seem ok. I guess most plants can survive a few hours with temps around freezing. Didn't notice much frost other than on the car, so maybe there was just enough of a breeze.

My stuff is usually okay if it’s near a structure or trees, and the ones out in the open are those that get it the worst.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

My stuff is usually okay if it’s near a structure or trees, and the ones out in the open are those that get it the worst.

Yeah and I think the trees completely surrounding the house/yard help too. With the increasing sun angle/longer days they probably absorb, then radiate some heat during the night. If I had walked down to the end of my driveway, the wide open farm fields across from me were probably frost covered, and the temp was probably a degree or 2 colder.

Bottomed out at 31. Not bad.  This April has been pretty good so far.  Love the cold and wind

• Sad 1

Right pattern wrong time. Chasing weather always but there’s a 2 month storm track that will work at the right time. It happens every 5-8 years. 

Getting some light showers on the NW edge of the precip shield from the southern storm. Other than the GFS, pretty much all guidance had any precip staying SE of here.

Raw day. Temp is 52.

GFS hinting at a pretty nice upslope snow in the mountains Sunday/Monday.  Does EURO support this as well?  I can't tell by the maps I look at.