• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    freestyle
    Newest Member
    freestyle

April 2020 Discussion

Now that the decade of March is over with it's time to look forward to the eon of April.  Looks to be starting off on a warming trend for the region with storminess becoming more common from Friday through much of next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Thirty days has September, April June, and November, except March which has 8,000. Looking forward to warm rain vs. cold rain.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, madwx said:

Now that the decade of March is over with it's time to look forward to the eon of April.  Looks to be starting off on a warming trend for the region with storminess becoming more common from Friday through much of next week.

Last year it seemed like March was three months long, and then the last week of November seemed to continue for endless months as well. Subjectively for me it was unrelenting gloom, felt like vacationing in Scotland. Constant freeze thaw. Never wet enough to justify the full on overboots, but damp enough that with three pairs of workboots in rotation the first would dry in time for the third to come home soaked. Maybe just bad luck that this winter and an extensive below-grade excavation coincided, so there was no getting out of it.

Should have bought the GI moon boots.

Started day 1 with clear skies, gorgeous sunrise and a crispy 32 degrees.  Been a bone chilling 40, overcast and drizzle since.   Helluva April Fools joke Mama Nature:fulltilt:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Started day 1 with clear skies, gorgeous sunrise and a crispy 32 degrees.  Been a bone chilling 40, overcast and drizzle since.   Helluva April Fools joke Mama Nature:fulltilt:

Today is March 31st lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Today is March 8231st lol

Because it feels like we have had that many days in this month.

• Haha 2

My redbud is starting to get purple and my neighbor's forsythia is bright yellow....so spring is here even if the temp doesn't always seem like it.

• Like 2

Not bad for 4PM local time on April 2nd :snowman:

Current conditions at

Grand Forks, Grand Forks International Airport (KGFK)

Lat: 47.95°NLon: 97.18°WElev: 843ft.
blizzard.png

Heavy Snow Blowing Snow and Windy

17°F

-8°C

Humidity 88%
Wind Speed N 26 G 35 mph
Barometer 30.04 in (1019.0 mb)
Dewpoint 14°F (-10°C)
Visibility 0.13 mi
Wind Chill -2°F (-19°C)
Last update 2 Apr 3:53 pm CDT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, UMB WX said:

The sky really is blue.  Nice to finally have some sun hit the skin

Should enjoy the solid stretch the next week or so because it seems the general look Easter weekend into the following week is the ridge shifts east and we may be in the volatile zone of storms.  Would truly be something if we had a wintry threat around my bday for the third straight year.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Should enjoy the solid stretch the next week or so because it seems the general look Easter weekend into the following week is the ridge shifts east and we may be in the volatile zone of storms.  Would truly be something if we had a wintry threat around my bday for the third straight year.

meh, climo.   took me many yrs to figure  it out also.  Toss out Lake Michigan and spring climo would be a walk in the park.  We get porked along the lake every yr.

I can't believe how many decent sized Midwest cities are reporting freezing rain during the middle of the day (thankful we are on the warm side of things and will not be seeing freezing rain).  Rochester and Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Kansas City, etc. all reporting it right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

I can't believe how many decent sized Midwest cities are reporting freezing rain during the middle of the day (thankful we are on the warm side of things and will not be seeing freezing rain).  Rochester and Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Kansas City, etc. all reporting it right now.

garbage weather

• Like 2

The front ended up being faster than models originally predicted, so just about our entire day has been cold.  We have fallen to the mid 30s as light rain moves in.

Tuesday will likely be the warmest day of the year (70s to near 80), but it will be followed by more cold.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The front ended up being faster than models originally predicted, so just about our entire day has been cold.  We have fallen to the mid 30s as light rain moves in.

Tuesday will likely be the warmest day of the year (70s to near 80), but it will be followed by more cold.

Hopefully we can tag our first 80 Tue.  Euro shows over 1500J/Kg of cape, so hopefully we can get some good convection later in the day as well.

4 hours ago, ILSNOW said:

Euro fake snow

sn10_acc.us_mw.png

Bring it on. I would love to see a historic mid april snowstorm. Also Ontario just shut down large parts of construction so im back to model watching. 

• Weenie 1

I'm just going to leave this here for :weenie: purposes. 

It was being discussed over at SouthernWX for what owuld also be an historic severe weather outbreak for the Southeast US.

f126.gif

f150.gif

f162.gif

f174.gif

image.thumb.png.d5e20105ae7e090135d426de04a6699b.png

• Sad 1

Thank god the models have been atrocious, but you know this will be the one time they are money just because of how shitty that looks.

• Like 2

Nah, models are being negatively affected right now due to lack of aircraft data. Wouldn't put much stock into them past D3 at this point.

• Haha 1