Newest Member
    joxey
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That’s a pretty amazing mean for 4/27 

BD0B254A-F7EE-4C7D-B2E9-2229A796BD71.png

E3F0933B-3BAA-4E8A-96E9-A04FC14367E3.png

It’s funny too cuz I wrote this morning about not liking the snow chances because the system’s open and progressive during off climo times and what immediately happens? The next run slows down just enough.  

wtf 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

why, im jelly, ill trade you

Because we are about 16 weeks away from our first frost and snow this time of the year is useless lol. When you live up here, cooler than normal weather means the warm season gets very, very short. It’s the opposite of “wasting a winter month” when I lived down south. When the warm season is short, above normal transition period can really help make it feel longer. 

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Maybe average.  Avg=72” or so.  Currently 70”

People gonna be pissed. Lol

I'm about 3-4" under average so I will still need to grade this winter at least a "C".  It would take tremendous dynamics with this system to get snow into the Valley.  Last week ended up only 0.5" here when even BOX was calling for 2-4".  Climo, climo,climo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm about 3-4" under average so I will still need to grade this winter at least a "C".  It would take tremendous dynamics with this system to get snow into the Valley.  Last week ended up only 0.5" here when even BOX was calling for 2-4".  Climo, climo,climo. 

I can’t grade it a C.  Maybe a D+. Lol.  December was great. The rest can piss off.    

19 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Wpc and gyx still not on board

Stay conservative for now. No need to start going crazy until we’re inside 48 hours. 

Need big dynamics this time of year to produce advisory/warning snowfall. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL at all the people not wanting it. You effing liars. :lol:    You'll be posting webcam shots of kid's playhouses buried in snow, apple trees sagging, shots of a barn covered in snow etc. You can't fool us. 

I hear you. And it will be a wonderful distraction around this time. But my garden is created I have my cloth covers and hoops up on all sorts of things. It would be a gardening disaster