• Member Statistics

    15,886
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    christopher58
    Newest Member
    christopher58
    Joined
doncat

Spring 2020 Banter

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

disgusting bats

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, uncle W said:

take away the bugs and bats and their population would starve...

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, JackMalarchey said:

One thing is for sure, I will never care for celebrities anymore. They do nothing for our society. Sorry but not sorry

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 10:03 AM, uncle W said:

China isn't going to listen to Dr Fauci or anyone else...take away the bugs and bats and their population would starve...

thats what you get when you cram close to 2 billion people literally on top of each other.  that and lots of pollution

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, figured I'd check in a month into quarantine. Quick question, and maybe it's already been asked and pondered: Do you think the reduction in pollution and emissions will meaningfully impact next winter at all? I've noticed how clear the air is, and you probably have, too.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, North and West said:

Hey guys, figured I'd check in a month into quarantine. Quick question, and maybe it's already been asked and pondered: Do you think the reduction in pollution and emissions will meaningfully impact next winter at all? I've noticed how clear the air is, and you probably have, too.

 

Thanks!

I don't think a few months of reduced pollution will have any meaningful impact on our global temperatures given the reductions are temporary plus it being a lagging indicator...March 2020 was the 2nd warmest on record. 

Maybe it could have some impact in 2021/2022 but should be negligible as pollution levels will ramp up much closer to normal by then anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

I don't think a few months of reduced pollution will have any meaningful impact on our global temperatures given the reductions are temporary plus it being a lagging indicator...March 2020 was the 2nd warmest on record. 

Maybe it could have some impact in 2021/2022 but should be negligible as pollution levels will ramp up much closer to normal by then anyway. 

Seems reasonable. Just wondered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, JackMalarchey said:

One thing is for sure, I will never care for celebrities anymore. They do nothing for our society. Sorry but not sorry

They used to be better.  Remember Live Aid and We are the World and Freddie Mercury?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I wonder if anyone is wondering where the current weather pattern was during winter...:bike:

It was being fitted for its Spring wardrobe. As always ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nycwinter said:

2:20 somewhere over the rainbow..

Bad day for bike or broom riding Witches. Unbelievable video. My compliments to the chasers ( if that’s what they were doing )  for their bravery and perhaps foolishness. As always ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get coronavirus, you will get very cold! And have a bad cough... that will be your first two symptoms... You will have the worst chills...you need to apply blankets on tops of blankets. Once you warm up, you will start sweating a bit; your fever should reach 100 degrees or about 37.778 celcius, uncover yourself, go to bathroom use the bathroom, come back to bed there will be another surge of higher fever later on. Cover yourself again because you will be cold again, and once you finally warm up, (Approximately 1 hour later) check your temperature once you are warm and start sweating again your temperature should reach at least 101 or 38.33 Celsius This will mean the #coronavirus is spreading over into your respiratory system, you will need to have preferably Montenegro moonshine but strong alcohol will most likely do. Be ready and go to the bathroom. Once you are in the bathroom pour alcohol into a plastic cup, gargle the alcohol and start spitting the alcohol out. Do not drink the alcohol, just gargle and spit it out. You will cough and most likely spit a lot of the stuff out. Do this 2 times. The corona virus will be on your sink by than. Yes there will be some left over in your body, but by than you will let your body kill the rest of residues of it. You will want to urine and spread the moonshine in the toilet and in the sink and flush the toilet and run the water in your sink. You will instantly feel better and you will notice your cough is pretty much gone and your temperature will stabilize to about 98.7 degrees or 37.056 Celsius. You will feel sleepy and not 100% for the next 2 days but you will be cured and after 3 days will test negative to #CoronaVirusFacts take care and good luck!

 

Feen

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The post that @bluewave just made sure does look wet and cold for at least  the next few weeks, this is no good for getting plants in the ground so we can have fresh veggies sooner rather than later. I think that when it dries out a bit tomorrow I'm just going to go ahead and get the less vulnerable plants in otherwise it's July before the garden is generating any real food. The trees and many plants seem to be waking up very slowly after what looked like it was going to be one of the earliest leaf outs in a long, long time but then they just stopped, in the last two days they seem to be trying to spit leaves out but it's been painfully slow to watch. Fingers crossed that we don't get another hard frost. What say ye oh wise gardeners and food producers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Coronacure said:

If you get coronavirus, you will get very cold! And have a bad cough... that will be your first two symptoms... You will have the worst chills...you need to apply blankets on tops of blankets. Once you warm up, you will start sweating a bit; your fever should reach 100 degrees or about 37.778 celcius, uncover yourself, go to bathroom use the bathroom, come back to bed there will be another surge of higher fever later on. Cover yourself again because you will be cold again, and once you finally warm up, (Approximately 1 hour later) check your temperature once you are warm and start sweating again your temperature should reach at least 101 or 38.33 Celsius This will mean the #coronavirus is spreading over into your respiratory system, you will need to have preferably Montenegro moonshine but strong alcohol will most likely do. Be ready and go to the bathroom. Once you are in the bathroom pour alcohol into a plastic cup, gargle the alcohol and start spitting the alcohol out. Do not drink the alcohol, just gargle and spit it out. You will cough and most likely spit a lot of the stuff out. Do this 2 times. The corona virus will be on your sink by than. Yes there will be some left over in your body, but by than you will let your body kill the rest of residues of it. You will want to urine and spread the moonshine in the toilet and in the sink and flush the toilet and run the water in your sink. You will instantly feel better and you will notice your cough is pretty much gone and your temperature will stabilize to about 98.7 degrees or 37.056 Celsius. You will feel sleepy and not 100% for the next 2 days but you will be cured and after 3 days will test negative to #CoronaVirusFacts take care and good luck!

 

Feen

 

 

Screenshot_20200423-201035_Chrome.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

The post that @bluewave just made sure does look wet and cold for at least  the next few weeks, this is no good for getting plants in the ground so we can have fresh veggies sooner rather than later. I think that when it dries out a bit tomorrow I'm just going to go ahead and get the less vulnerable plants in otherwise it's July before the garden is generating any real food. The trees and many plants seem to be waking up very slowly after what looked like it was going to be one of the earliest leaf outs in a long, long time but then they just stopped, in the last two days they seem to be trying to spit leaves out but it's been painfully slow to watch. Fingers crossed that we don't get another hard frost. What say ye oh wise gardeners and food producers?

If memory serves, you were rarin' to get plants in the ground about 6 weeks ago. Glad I talked you out of it. :P 

I would absolutely not bet on no more frosts, or even freezes. Like you mention, that mean trough in the east is here to stay for two weeks or more based on the morning's ensemble guidance. Most interior spots are still yet to reach average last frost date (though maybe you're right on the cusp down there?), so a solidly BN pattern when climo isn't really that warm is a recipe for disaster for all but the hardiest food producing plants.

Even if you managed to avoid a killing frost, cold soil causes myriad and manifest problems that would likely stunt growth for weeks. The soil temp here is 42F, so maybe mid-40s by you. Nitrogen fixation close to nil, high risk of root rot, high susceptibility to bacterial and viral infections... just not worth it. You'd end up farther ahead by waiting for more conducive wx.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

If memory serves, you were rarin' to get plants in the ground about 6 weeks ago. Glad I talked you out of it. :P 

I would absolutely not bet on no more frosts, or even freezes. Like you mention, that mean trough in the east is here to stay for two weeks or more based on the morning's ensemble guidance. Most interior spots are still yet to reach average last frost date (though maybe you're right on the cusp down there?), so a solidly BN pattern when climo isn't really that warm is a recipe for disaster for all but the hardiest food producing plants.

A field of iceberg lettuce? As always.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

More snow for New England

Lucky sob

Hell of a way to talk about the regions mater. As always ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

If memory serves, you were rarin' to get plants in the ground about 6 weeks ago. Glad I talked you out of it. :P 

I would absolutely not bet on no more frosts, or even freezes. Like you mention, that mean trough in the east is here to stay for two weeks or more based on the morning's ensemble guidance. Most interior spots are still yet to reach average last frost date (though maybe you're right on the cusp down there?), so a solidly BN pattern when climo isn't really that warm is a recipe for disaster for all but the hardiest food producing plants.

Even if you managed to avoid a killing frost, cold soil causes myriad and manifest problems that would likely stunt growth for weeks. The soil temp here is 42F, so maybe mid-40s by you. Nitrogen fixation close to nil, high risk of root rot, high susceptibility to bacterial and viral infections... just not worth it. You'd end up farther ahead by waiting for more conducive wx.

Are you sure you don't have some Vulcan in your DNA? Too much logic... Raised boxes should be able to have a tarp thrown over them on the cold nights right? Yeah soil temps are mid 40's, I didn't know about additional vulnerabilities due to that. Learning learning

11 hours ago, rclab said:

A field of iceberg lettuce? 

Cold weather resistant always goes in first, lettuce and spinach, stuff like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, Rjay said:

(Pecos Hank Video)

Dude Hank is awesome! That is one of the craziest, if not the craziest video Ive ever seen from him and he has ALOT of crazy videos haha. Dude is a legend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MJO812 said:

More snow for New England

Lucky sob

Right? It is what it is though. Happy for them. We cash in on severe this summer while they bdcf :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.