Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2020 Banter

doncat

13 hours ago, BxEngine said:

I havent showered when leaving work in 3 weeks, supposedly dirt kills the fake virus, it musta worked cuz i havent caught it yet.

Lol. Have you guys been busy with EMS? I think it was honorable When your Union  stepped up and said it will take more ems calls 

21 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Mayor just announced NYC schools are closed for the school year

I figured that...my four year old grandson who needs pre school will suffer the most...If Deblahzio has his way the city will never open...I heard he still goes to Brooklyn every day to walk in Prospect Park...he can do it with his security but us pee ons cant...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Lol. Have you guys been busy with EMS? I think it was honorable When your Union  stepped up and said it will take more ems calls 

Yeah. Originally we werent doing any of the typical bs runs we usually get that people shouldnt be calling 911 for and we were strictly doing corona related and cardiac arrest type stuff. Seems the last few days we have been getting some of the bs stuff back while still getting crushed with the corona related deaths. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Yeah. Originally we werent doing any of the typical bs runs we usually get that people shouldnt be calling 911 for and we were strictly doing corona related and cardiac arrest type stuff. Seems the last few days we have been getting some of the bs stuff back while still getting crushed with the corona related deaths. 

We also have been getting crushed with DOA's.  Very sad.

What is really sad is that the medical examiner's are taking almost the whole day to come to 1 doa.

4 minutes ago, rclab said:

Uncle thank you for that “Positive” demonstration. As a card carrying, tax paying, mostly bemused member of the “Who’s on first citizens choir” I salute you. As always......

we can joke when there is good news...being a cop today is really tough...I had an uncle who was a cop and committed suicide back in 1962....I know first hand the pressures of being a cop...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uncle W said:

we can joke when there is good news...being a cop today is really tough...I had an uncle who was a cop and committed suicide back in 1962....I know first hand the pressures of being a cop...

Your right, of course, I have blood kin in all the critical departments. Sometimes a little laughter is the only medicine we have left. As always ......

• Like 2

Gov Cuomo said Deblasio didnt tell him that he was closing schools for the rest of the year . He then said a decision with schools will be coordinated with everyone.

Cuomo also said Deblasio might want to open business in May but the Governor  said nothing has been said to him.

Deblasio is trying to work alone lol

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Gov Cuomo said Deblasio didnt tell him that he was closing schools for the rest of the year . He then said a decision with schools will be coordinated with everyone.

Cuomo also said Deblasio might want to open business in May but the Governor  said nothing has been said to him.

Deblasio is trying to work alone lol

It’s like watching Sesame Street without the benefits. As always. ......

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MJO812 said:

We also have been getting crushed with DOA's.  Very sad.

What is really sad is that the medical examiner's are taking almost the whole day to come to 1 doa.

I've heard there have been an extra 1,000 "unexplained deaths" this month alone- people who died at home without getting any medical care.

• Sad 1

posted this on the political side too

Both the UN and the American Journal of Microbiology and Dr Fauci of our CDC have all said that China needs to end these nasty dirty "wet markets" on exotic mammals.  I saw a video where thousands of these disgusting bats were being showed off in a slaughter shop- the same ones where this virus supposedly came from.  We need to stop encroaching on lands that belong to wild animals or we will keep having these pandemics.  Dr. Rick Knabb who was the head of the National Hurricane Center said that unless we put a check on our population growth, climate change, pandemics and pollution will ALL be much harder to fight.

Ironically our pollution levels have gotten a lot better because of this pandemic.  I hope we learn our hard learned lessons and hold onto that after the pandemic ends.

Found this out the other day, did you know that 8 MILLION people a year die from pollution?!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Both the UN and the American Journal of Microbiology and Dr Fauci of our CDC have all said that China needs to end these nasty dirty "wet markets" on exotic mammals.  I saw a video where thousands of these disgusting bats were being showed off in a slaughter shop- the same ones where this virus supposedly came from.  We need to stop encroaching on lands that belong to wild animals or we will keep having these pandemics.  Dr. Rick Knabb who was the head of the National Hurricane Center said that unless we put a check on our population growth, climate change, pandemics and pollution will ALL be much harder to fight.

Ironically our pollution levels have gotten a lot better because of this pandemic.  I hope we learn our hard learned lessons and hold onto that after the pandemic ends.

Found this out the other day, did you know that 8 MILLION people a year die from pollution?!

Do you think the pollution is having an effect on the deaths?

13 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Do you think the pollution is having an effect on the deaths?

sure, it's basically a pre-existing condition.  Where there is air pollution more people have asthma.  More densely populated areas have more air pollution because of car exhaust (NO2).  It's been halved because of all the restrictions now but a lot of people already had asthma from before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Happy Easter and Passover everyone!!

Whoever thought the simple term “Let us join hands” could be considered a threat. 
My daughter says we should practice, at a distance, Air Hugs. Even so, may this season of light, hope and redemption bring to all is us happiness and peace. As always ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

China isn't going to listen to Dr Fauci or anyone else...take away the bugs and bats and their population would starve...

• Like 1