Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah two weeks up here is a long long time without snowfall.

Then again we had some really low snowfall March's over the past 20 years.  Was it 2005 and 2006 it couldn't snow in March for anything?

I only had 0.1" in 2010 too.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A textbook Morch stat padder snowfall. Snows in the morning and by 1:00 there’s not a trace left. In December it would still be there. Textbook 

Yup. Useless this time of year unless it's a biggie. I actually got a bit of a burn on my forehead outside on Saturday. That should not be allowed in a winter month.

54 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I expect 3/24 to slip away and be diagnosed with Covid the way this year is going 

It's marginal to begin with....so not expecting anything yet.

Kevin's Morch 2012 idea though is going down the shitter about as quickly as this past winter did after Xmas. Lots of useless cold over the next 10 days minus the Friday torch. We tried to tell him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yup. Useless this time of year unless it's a biggie. I actually got a bit of a burn on my forehead outside on Saturday. That should not be allowed in a winter month.

When in fever state sunburns happen easier due to the lack of moisture in your cells. 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah two weeks up here is a long long time without snowfall.

Then again we had some really low snowfall March's over the past 20 years.  Was it 2005 and 2006 it couldn't snow in March for anything?

2006 stunk, as we had only 7.8" after Jan 31 with 2.8" in March.  However, the 1st half of 2005 was great, with 2 events just under a foot plus 5.5" on 11-12, though that last one had a 12-18" forecast 24 hours before it arrived, backed off to 8-12 and still busted, except for the west side of Sebago with the jack.  As Dendrite noted, 2010 was even worse than 2006.