• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

Lake Tahoe just got 114” in 3 days as measured at Ski Homewood, and they normally get less snow than the bigger resorts like Squaw, Alpine and Kirkwood.  Those other mtns aren’t reporting snowfall so as not to encourage use of the mountains.  

Crazy to have the largest storm of the year hit right when everyone closes from COVID-19. 

5DCAB9B7-2483-48EC-B816-4746AB56639D.jpeg.8a0d4fef5b3ab9c9b8c521bbbd56562c.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yesterday morning’s little bit of snow really lifted my spirits and took my mind away from the reality of the risks I face every day during these times.   I’m too far south for the next one but maybe we can pull off a surprise.

I’d rather Friday lift my spirits. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Lake Tahoe just got 114” in 3 days as measured at Ski Homewood, and they normally get less snow than the bigger resorts like Squaw, Alpine and Kirkwood.  Those other mtns aren’t reporting snowfall so as not to encourage use of the mountains.  

Crazy to have the largest storm of the year hit right when everyone closes from COVID-19. 

Mammoth is still reporting and their ski patrol is still measuring.  42 inches on 3.38

• Like 1

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Prob gonna get absolutely smoked again next week too....great pattern out there right now. Too bad most places are shut down. :lol:

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

More amazing is the fact that Mammoth Mountain had 0" of snowfall in February. I wonder if that ever happened before.

16 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Had plane tix for Sunday morning.  When Vail announced on Saturday evening I sat there and hammered refresh on Alterra's page, all packed, until the announcement came down maybe 15 mins later.  Was bummed, obv... Even though realistically I was prob being a selfish a-hole for chasing powder given the circumstances. 

Mt Rose is still open, but I presume with skier convergence that I could pass on.  I can tell you that the locals aren't happy as one might expect, given that it had been a lousy year and this was a literally perfect right side up storm.  

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Zero greenup around here. Maybe by early April. Still too cold overnight. The average last day below freezing here is 3/30. After that, it starts greening up. Leaf out should be in about a month.

Huh? I see some budding trees and the field behind my house was dirt two weeks ago and now has about 2 inches of grass..  a few of my smaller trees that i in the back a couple years ago already have tiny leaves