Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Will the Ocean do that this time of year in a torch pattern?  Cold SSTs relative to surface temps?

BOS will be a little colder than some because of their sea breezes on those torch days we had....but they are def running too cold even when you account for that

Check out the step up on MADIS...definitely not using the old thermometer or siting, LOL

Mar19_KBOS_MADIS.png

There is actually some intriguing severe weather potential tomorrow...I think the best shot is more NY/PA into western MA...perhaps NW CT but if the NAM is right with those dewpoints there would be potential for a tornado...although winds seem to veer as the front approaches and core of the LLJ pushes away. I'm not totally sold on TD's getting > 60 but I could see a few bowing line segments with could produce damaging winds...won't take much to bring those winds down tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS will be a little colder than some because of their sea breezes on those torch days we had....but they are def running too cold even when you account for that

Check out the step up on MADIS...definitely not using the old thermometer or siting, LOL

Mar19_KBOS_MADIS.png

Yeah I literally was looking at that. LOL. Have a ways to go. Why is this so difficult? LOL.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

TOR's ripping through backyards tomorrow with debris covered by snow Monday? 

I mean it was snowing cotton balls here at dawn and may nick 70 F tomorrow - so going in both directions really 

Ah yes ...the fickle days of March

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He thinks I live on the airbase. It's actually the nrn end of town.

He's not even looking at the right county, lol....nowhere on that map did Norfolk county have under 8". He thinks you live in PYM county.

• Haha 1