• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

Reports in Rabun county that the snow level is now around 2500 so shouldn't be long for me. Won't stick for a while though, still 36.5. Sky Valley at 3500 already has some accumulations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowDawg said:

Nope. Just rain, 38 degrees. Sky Valley is 32 and snow but they sit at 3500 feet. 

wow - several people I know have just been busted lol.  they claimed they had to leave because it was snowing hard in clayton.  you confirmed it is not and I spoke with an office up there and they were complaining it wasn't snowing. 

its raining and still 38 here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NEGa said:

wow - several people I know have just been busted lol.  they claimed they had to leave because it was snowing hard in clayton.  you confirmed it is not and I spoke with an office up there and they were complaining it wasn't snowing. 

its raining and still 38 here. 

Last 20 minutes or so have changed to more sleet that's starting to build up on the porch, but definitely haven't seen a flake yet. 

6 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Reports in Rabun county that the snow level is now around 2500 so shouldn't be long for me. Won't stick for a while though, still 36.5. Sky Valley at 3500 already has some accumulations. 

Surface temps won't be a problem at your location. you're still waiting on the 800mb freezing level to move to your South. Should happen within the next hour.

• Like 1

Just now, SnowDawg said:

Last 20 minutes or so have changed to more sleet that's starting to build up on the porch, but definitely haven't seen a flake yet. 

hopefully you see snow soon.  you are about 600' higher than me so you will get it first (also you are about 25 miles farther north lol).  I am at work in clarkesville and its just rain here - I hope to see some flakes later at home when I get there

• Like 1

The 850 line has now crept south of the North Carolina/South Carolina border along the 74 corridor, and sits just south of Rockingham, NC. Pushing south once again. image.png.4caf2f975682f4758ddae455bff4e23d.png

• Sad 1

36.6/34.2 as of 12. Temps and Dew point fell nicely over last 30 minutes but as the rates slacked up temp went up half a degree and dew point went up 2 degrees. Frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, Wow said:

Not a speck of anything here yet

I'm sitting in traffic trying to get out of Lake Norman HS and it is very very lightly starting to sprinkle

39 with sleet beginning to mix in with the rain. More sleet than rain. My elevation is 1077.2 ft. 

*Update a few minutes later. Snow beginning to mix in too. The changeover to snow begins. Based on the radar and drop in temps, I expect at a couple of inches of snow on the grassy surfaces. Going to be fun to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

I'm sitting in traffic trying to get out of Lake Norman HS and it is very very lightly starting to sprinkle

I'm sitting here in Corine's watching out. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Sleet in Garner. I could've sworn I seen some flakes mixed in.

I am in Clayton off Guy Rd. and sleet is coming down here as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rain/Snow line has begun to push south again west of Charlotte. Really made some movement near Greenville recently. Moving super slow around Charlotte, but I'm sure its close to making a run.

Temps beginnning to drop in Charlotte. 41/31, Wet Bulb of 34.7

Just now, Tar Heel Snow said:

Still waiting for precip on campus here in Chapel Hill

Nothing 8 miles north yet 

• Like 1