• Member Statistics

    15,844
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]
    Joined
George BM

February Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Who says it's a shutout pattern.  Dr No says yes tomorrow evening for all of northern Md :sled:

 

ecmwf-deterministic-md-instant_ptype-1552000.png

ecmwf-deterministic-md-instant_ptype-1562800.png

 

33 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You do me proud, losetoa6. You do me proud. :D

20140508-292404-how-to-grill-hot-dogs.jp

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You're just jealous that he is another weenie soul you will never get your hands on. :)

Why aren't you in the other thread breaking down the pattern and giving the weenie's hope for a random chance at frozen? Oh, that's right, you are working for him.

Well I need pay increase then- look at all the good work I have done in there over the last 24 hours!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Why aren't you in the other thread breaking down the pattern and giving the weenie's hope for a random chance at frozen? Oh, that's right, you are working for him.

Well I need pay increase then- look at all the good work I have done in there over the last 24 hours!

If you can make lemonade out of the lemons the models are throwing at us you're a better man then me. :)

of course there was a moment while looking in the long range where I did go hmmmmmm but then I realized it was only gas.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

At that time you may have to settle for Broccoli and rice. :lol: 

works for me! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Who says it's a shutout pattern.  Dr No says yes tomorrow evening for all of northern Md :sled:

 

ecmwf-deterministic-md-instant_ptype-1552000.png

ecmwf-deterministic-md-instant_ptype-1562800.png

I am super excited. I could see that trending south so we could see a couple flakes mixed in with the rain at 2am in the morning. What a time to be alive in a year where we are getting average to above average snowfall. So blessed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What?!?! That’s it. I’m digging you up, packing your bones, and shipping you back to Philly where you belong.

skeleton-suitcase-2-human-bones-600w-224

Well 007 you’ve finally done. I’m heading to church ( I hope it’s foundations are solid ) and lighting a candle with a brief prayer to Saint Dimitar. As always. ......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Why aren't you in the other thread breaking down the pattern and giving the weenie's hope for a random chance at frozen? Oh, that's right, you are working for him.

Well I need pay increase then- look at all the good work I have done in there over the last 24 hours!

Gents, if you’re gonna be on my payroll you need to get your shifts right. 
 

Showme is 4am-8am daily.

C.A.P.E. you’re the 18z block from 3pm-7pm daily. 

PSU is on call 24/7

These are trying times, we need to work as a unit here. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Gents, if you’re gonna be on my payroll you need to get your shifts right. 
 

Showme is 4am-8am daily.

C.A.P.E. you’re the 18z block from 3pm-7pm daily. 

PSU is on call 24/7

These are trying times, we need to work as a unit here. 

I freelance. You never know when i will come along and help point people in the direction of the land of eternal bliss.  No, i'm not referring to Dairy Queen.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H2O said:

I freelance. You never know when i will come along and help point people in the direction of the land of eternal bliss.  No, i'm not referring to Dairy Queen.  

I didn’t mention the entire staff to maintain anonymity for most of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Gents, if you’re gonna be on my payroll you need to get your shifts right. 
 

Showme is 4am-8am daily.

C.A.P.E. you’re the 18z block from 3pm-7pm daily. 

PSU is on call 24/7

These are trying times, we need to work as a unit here. 

Perfect. I do my best work during happy hour. My devious creativity spikes during that period for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Perfect. I do my best work during happy hour. My devious creativity spikes during that period for some reason.

It's when you take your medicine... I mean drink beer. 

  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm waiting on a new couch to be delivered in my mama's basement. Of course they missed the window....I feel trapped in my mother's house. :(

FYP:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

 

Actually looks like a decent event for them.

 

This is actually pretty sad. Being a snow weenie is definitely a first world hobby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this weather is definitely bringing out the flies, at least where i live.  just had to spray down the window seals.  mosquitoes were in beast mode 2 summers ago.  not as bad last year, but still legit.  hopefully that's not going to be the case this year.  i also feel like my allergies are kicking up today lol.

the argument could be made that we haven't had a winter this year...just a prolonged, late Fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure why people are complaining in the long range thread. I ran some math calculations, very scientific in fact, and the median DC temp in Jan and Feb is actually 50. Normal snowfall is around half a inch for both months combined. So we are actually above average snowfall this year and pretty cold. You guys are spoiled and need to learn our climo.

I think things look pretty decent. Maybe a couple sleet pellets in the next week or two mixed in with the rain. Huge  win in my book. I mean, you do know how rare that is here right?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fozz said:

This is actually pretty sad. Being a snow weenie is definitely a first world hobby.

Odd tweet to use to make that kind of point, but we all miss on posts I suppose. Yeah, it’s really sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prefacing this with no scientific reasoning but I kinda like the “chance” next Friday. Something feels right about it. Maybe I’ll look at WxBell for the first time in a month... what a waste of a subscription this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bob Chill

JH was amazing.  It dumped snow all day Sat and tapered off right as lifts closed. They ended up with about 45” on the week.  Saturday was crowded for the powder day. Didn’t bother with the tram until the end of the day when the line got under an hour. But the new Teton lift barely had a line and there is some epic terrain there. Stuff that used to be hike too.  It was snowing too hard to get any good pictures or videos. 

Sunday the crowds were gone and it was sunny. Beautiful day.

D43A19FC-B83C-4427-AFB2-490BCD9E00DB.thumb.jpeg.5fdaeac70d1ce56fd34e26aef9bbf885.jpeg

Cold enough the snow stayed soft. It was tracked out but perfect soft bumps all over the natural terrain. Groomers were perfect to bomb down. 

This is some of the new terrain off Teton 

4F423972-4C53-47A5-83ED-029F184FF7D0.thumb.jpeg.8e935e80a8e46754e6365ce0ca0c80cf.jpeg

North Hoback had perfect soft bumps the whole way down 

52929950-5228-4805-8522-7F5680139462.thumb.jpeg.28ed4945e784ca8097c94700b585c662.jpeg

FEBFF881-7ACA-40CF-B174-AABA858CAA6E.thumb.jpeg.ad1aa3d82a809ba717c6b3ab6c9672f2.jpeg

At the end of the day I drove up into Teton NP to get some shots at sunset. 

CB661BFA-D85B-43A4-9101-6FCA892664D4.thumb.jpeg.cd4a41aeb65717ed2c8967a8009595bb.jpeg

A surprise 7” of snow fell Sunday night through Monday. Since it wasn’t expected the mountain was empty and it was one of my best days ever. I found some powder stashed in the woods under Sublette chair. I have some good video from Monday on my GoPro. I’ll link it once I get it edited. 

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I am not sure why people are complaining in the long range thread. I ran some math calculations, very scientific in fact, and the median DC temp in Jan and Feb is actually 50. Normal snowfall is around half a inch for both months combined. So we are actually above average snowfall this year and pretty cold. You guys are spoiled and need to learn our climo.

I think things look pretty decent. Maybe a couple sleet pellets in the next week or two mixed in with the rain. Huge  win in my book. I mean, you do know how rare that is here right?

Your problem is you complain EVERY year so when we actually get a truly awful horrible year like this one, no one wants to hear it because you acted like every year was this bad. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@psuhoffman the abrupt vertical rise of JH is one of a kind. The Wasatch is similar but not the same because the resorts are up in the canyons. JH is a straight wall of vertical off the valley floor. The views from the top and bottom are ridiculous. Glad you got some bluebird conditions. Nicely done. Now get home safely and get back to suffering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looking across all guidance the only shot we have over the next 10-12 days would be a quick trailer after a front. Air is moving fast so the "cold windows" are literally less than 48 hours long. Miss that by 15 minutes and we get another free car wash

Yeah, been saving a lot of money this winter with free car washes!  And very little salt on the roads this year, too, so my dark blue Honda Civic actually still looks...blue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.