Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

How did we get here.  I hope it hit SC and NC just to see the epic meltdowns..me included...and they deserve some winter.  

The sentiment is much appreciated, but we all deserve some winter.  Unfortunately, in the words of the great Clint Eastwood....

image.png.1d2e2279b069d14fac6f21622b2f7675.png

55 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hey @C.A.P.E.. I struckout with the DFH 119 :DIPA but I got the 90 minute imperial and I really like it . Very good beer . I've had 3 and now realize that its freakin 9% Abv lol.  I had to switch to PBR :ph34r:

OMG - PBR...  Almost as bad as Old Dog Light (Old Milwaukee Light).  Brings back memories of college - those parts that I remember anyway.  Right down there as well were Hudepohl and Micky's Big Mouth...   Couldn't afford the "good" stuff like MGD.  Still remember when Coors first became available in Ohio in the late 70's.  What a momentous event that was...

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Hey @C.A.P.E.. I struckout with the DFH 119 :DIPA but I got the 90 minute imperial and I really like it . Very good beer . I've had 3 and now realize that its freakin 9% Abv lol.  I had to switch to PBR :ph34r:

The 90 min is a damn good DIPA. More malty than most others, and just a hint of what the 120 is like. You wouldn't think adding another 30 mins to the boil/more hops would make that much difference, but it does. Its obviously more than that(more barley to start with), to get the abv% from 9 to around 18. The 120 is a different beast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Only place I have seen the 120 on tap is at DFH in Rehoboth. They also have an aged WWS, but it ain't cheap lol.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's only money...or crack open the kids college fund like me.

I don’t mind spending a little cash on good food and drink. Especially at a destination spot. Both the brewery and tap house are super cool spots.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

If you like hefty stouts, try nightmare brewery scaphism. Imperial Stout Brewed with Milk Sugar, Honey, Aged on Tahitian Vanilla & Organic Cacao

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/54783/386201/

the can art is damn cool too 

If your an imperial stout guy, stop into Nepenthe Brewery and try their Aphotic Ruin. Really good. They’ve also got a very nice porter, Needy Earthling. And about 7 varieties of neipa’s.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

If your an imperial stout guy, stop into Nepenthe Brewery and try their Aphotic Ruin. Really good. They’ve also got a very nice porter, Needy Earthling. And about 7 varieties of neipa’s.

Cool never been to that one. Been to many local breweries though, Union, Mobtown, Key, Guinness, Black Flag, Pooles Island just to name a few 

Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Cool never been to that one. Been to many local breweries though, Union, Mobtown, Key, Guinness, Black Flag, Pooles Island just to name a few 

Nepenthe used to be a home brew shop, and as a home brewer, I got to know the owners. I have a ton of restaurant experience (a youth filled with cycling dreams will do that), so when they decided to open a brewery, my gf and I asked if we could help out. They just celebrated their one year anniversary and though the beers were good when they opened, they’ve really improved and are awesome. I only work pt, but it’s been a great experience because the owner/brewer lets me work in the brewery with him whenever I can. Definitely stop in. Good food too.

Just now, mappy said:

Whiskey all day

My go to lately as I’ve been trying to cut my carb intake. It sucks that I have to lose some weight before I can slide back into my biking shorts.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Nepenthe used to be a home brew shop, and as a home brewer, I got to know the owners. I have a ton of restaurant experience (a youth filled with cycling dreams will do that), so when they decided to open a brewery, my gf and I asked if we could help out. They just celebrated their one year anniversary and though the beers were good when they opened, they’ve really improved and are awesome. I only work pt, but it’s been a great experience because the owner/brewer lets me work in the brewery with him whenever I can. Definitely stop in. Good food too.

My go to lately as I’ve been trying to cut my carb intake. It sucks that I have to lose some weight before I can slide back into my biking shorts.

If you’re trying to watch carbs, I highly recommend Tito’s with diet cranberry ginger ale. So good. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is there easy parking on site?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic