• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2020

George BM

10:1 NAM maps have some "accumulation" for some of the metro area Wednesday evening.     That's because the model microphysics have a mix of rain and sleet - definitely supported by the soundings which have a decent layer below freezing above temps around 34 at the sfc.     Definitely could see some pingers around during those initial hours of rain early Wednesday evening before the column warms.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

@mappy

Nam Cobb output shows us ticking below freezing tonight between 02z and 04z so any zrain really looks short lived .

Gfs Cobb never goes below freezing.

Euro also above freezing for duration. 

thanks! i checked briefly this AM. Saw State College put a good chunk of counties under advisories... so close, yet so far away. 

28 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

00z Euro gets the low through Pittsburgh around 989mb...with +20 temp anomaly at 850 [thanks to a jet of nearly 65 kts].  It also significantly backed off on the rainfall (shocker) only about 2" regionwide.  

Jeez. We can’t even get a real soaker! What a pathetic spring this has been. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

00z Euro gets the low through Pittsburgh around 989mb...with +20 temp anomaly at 850 [thanks to a jet of nearly 65 kts].  It also significantly backed off on the rainfall (shocker) only about 2" regionwide.  

Now that I given up on this abysmal winter I've turned to spring. Sucks we can't even get any interesting spring weather. Anything but 50 and sunny.

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm trying to remember the last time I got a real heavy rain event in dead of winter . Maybe after the 96 blizzard .

Had an incredibly anomalous rain event in Feb 2 years ago I think. Around 5" here with some flooding. Came after the Jan cold period with the bomb cyclone IIRC. Could have been the year before, as they both had early Jan cold and coastal plain snowstorms.

Had never seen anything like that in the winter months here. Hard to get the pwats for that kind of heavy rain that time of year,

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic