Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 25-26 Threat

HoarfrostHubb

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Even though I’m 100 plus miles northeast of him in that concrete jungle, It’s over for you and me too it looks as well. What a sh*t winter...so far. 

Over, no. Highly unlikely, yes. A couple of Hail Mary’s and Our Fathers required along with our own Pope’s blessing that the most extreme southern solutions will verify. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’re fine. Why so much worry? With the block, it can’t cut north 

Doesn't need to "cut" though to screw us. Only hug the coast up metfan's fanny with this airmass....and that's an entirely plausible solution. 

One thing that should keep some optimism alive is that despite some of these solutions, we've seen the ULL trend south when it is still out in the plains/Midwest early in the game before aggressively coming north late in the game...it's possible that late surge turns into a more ENE kick as we get closer to verification. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Doesn't need to "cut" though to screw us. Only hug the coast up metfan's fanny with this airmass....and that's an entirely plausible solution. 

One thing that should keep some optimism alive is that despite some of these solutions, we've seen the ULL trend south when it is still out in the plains/Midwest early in the game before aggressively coming north late in the game...it's possible that late surge turns into a more ENE kick as we get closer to verification. 

This ULL track is far from favorable 

18z Euro looks zonked at 90h compared to 12z. Doesn't go out any further but that is probably close to game over for SNE if that verified. Though I want to be careful extrapolating too much since these ULLs like to wobble...the actual center of the ULL is slightly southwest of the 12z run but it's just much deeper and the confluence to the north looks a tad weaker so I don't really like the look...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I was at Bridgton Academy in 2010-11. I fell in love with the area. Really wanted to coach and teach there but the money wasn't feasible.

My GF won't go for somewhere that remote. Will have to be somewhat near a metro area, an hour from Portland wouldn't cut it.

Bridgton has changed so much since then. Many new restaurants bars cafes small businesses. My gf and I love the access to NoCo and Portland, fairly reliable snow, and lakes in the summer. Plus my mortgage is cheaper than renting a room in Portland no exaggeration. 

I’m hoping for 6-10 out of this next event. Just enough for some good powder skiing but not a pain in the azz to deal with at home. Seems to be the tenor of this month so far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah i concur on the 18Z ECMWF, its ugly. Quite a bit N/W and warmer more liquid for SNE seems very likely past hr 90.

Not trying to be a downer, but It’s About the time for this to go to hell now...just like every other situation this season.  Sucked us in a tad yesterday with a little hope, now it’s time to go the other way.  Same old situation.  

Then maybe on Thursday there will be the blip run or two showing some hope to get us back on the train for a bit...but in the end it’ll be a non event/rain for most south of the pike. Seen this movie to many times before..especially this season. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty large bump northwest on the 18z EPS. ULL tracks over western MA now and the sfc low goes from NYC to scooters fanny. 

Easily the largest jump we've seen. Probably larger than the past 5 or 6 runs combined. 

Well if that’s the case then it’s time to stop tracking this other than Massena NY. Christ