Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,031
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread


Kmlwx

Recommended Posts

Due to veered winds the play is right on the boundary, which as of this writing is between DC and BWI. I make no promises on terrain, lol!

Remarkable that the boundary is un-contaminated and no other junk is forecast until the main event. 700 mb Ts near just right. That is rare in the Mid-Atlantic, and quite notable.

Left front/exit of jet max will pass early; however, right rear/entrance will arrive peak heating. Also a 700 mb vort max. It is already clear on water vapor back in Kentucky. LLJ responds at the right time BWI area too.

If I'm a chaser there, @Ian this is a Go!

Discrete sups are progged. SRH will be there on the boundary. Unseasonably high Tds have promoted over-achievement the past few days here in the Tenn Valley. Should continue there. 

IIRC outside BWI is a little better chasing than around DC; but, it's been a long time since I've been to BWI. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm only interested in Carroll County today. I'm at my firehouse this evening so I'd like to run a couple calls. I doubt this turns into anything though. We're really fighting the clouds today.

Visible satellite looks decent once you're south and east of Frederick County it seems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm only interested in Carroll County today. I'm at my firehouse this evening so I'd like to run a couple calls. I doubt this turns into anything though. We're really fighting the clouds today.

Down here in Takoma park it’s full sunshine for a while now.  Little breeze kicking up which is nice.  Feels like a severe day at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea this is looking more and more like a Delmarva and S MD threat.

I know the HRDPS is a JV model but it definitely would imply a tor threat for Carroll for you. Even the rest of Central MD and then a linear wind threat from there to the bay and then east and south. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...