Total Members
    Most Online
    Jun Zz
    Newest Member
    Jun Zz
2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Kmlwx

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The system is probably due for an update but if it’s a big enough threat I’ll see the smoke signal on Twitter. It really is amazing how accurate the system is though. Other than The Panic Room this might be my best work. :lol: 

it really is, although kmlwx and I are not quite in lock step today.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If you look at the regional radar, there's definitely some discrete stuff firing in Central WV. The challenge is to get this stuff rooted in the surface instability to start tapping the shear and helicity though. The 12z RAOB from IAD has a ConvT of 87 degrees and we aren't seeing anything in the uppers 80s until you get south and east of I95. If I were on the eastern shore or S. MD I'd be pretty psyched about today.

Starting to get there here in Loudoun. I have bouncing between 86 and 88 for a while now.. Many places just to my south have maintained 87 to as high as 90..so borderline.. All about the sunshine though, and it has been sporadic 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s a sign of respect. Somebody has to be the first step. Yoda knows what to pay attention to at range. If he’s meh, call it a day. 

Need to add a negative step color.  Like if someone non met from PA or NJ or NY comes in to tell us to GET HYPE then its an immediate lol reaction.  Call it a Yanksfan or SENC or that guy from Laura that was going off after it landed.

• Haha 3

Just now, Kmlwx said:

@Eskimo Joe kindly requests an EF-5 embedded within the eyewall of a Cat 5 hurricane rolling just west of Potomac, followed by it going extra-tropical, pulling down an Arctic airmass and dumping 2 inches of ice to be followed up immediately by a paste bomb or blizzard. 

This would be called the Eskimo Joe Covidcane 2020 storm.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea I'll base my interest for the rest of the day on that. I don't know why we don't have more special RAOBs.

Especially shocking when your CWA covers a major population area that is the nation's capital. I'd assume it's a funding thing? Wonder what the cost is to release each sonde. 18z sounding ought to be routine on ENH days or higher within the outlined area. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

i hope you do get something, friend! of course i always want severe IMBY, but i like when others get it too.

I know.  I'm just teasing.  We all want non damaging to our houses EF-2s right next to us or gusty non damaging, no loss of power storms.  Its how we roll.  But never get mad when a good friend gets the good stuff.  More fun now cause we post pics of stuff for others to see and enjoy.

That said, GIMME ALL THE ENH!!!!

Just now, H2O said:

I know.  I'm just teasing.  We all want non damaging to our houses EF-2s right next to us or gusty non damaging, no loss of power storms.  Its how we roll.  But never get mad when a good friend gets the good stuff.  More fun now cause we post pics of stuff for others to see and enjoy.

That said, GIMME ALL THE ENH!!!!

you can have the storms, ill take the snow

31 minutes ago, mappy said:

any more "mappyland" thoughts? 

I think you're in as good of a location as any.    I'm very bullish on the SVR threat today, just more bearish than most on the tornado threat (although I think that a TOR watch will be and should be issued).    The 18z LWX sounding should be a big help in understanding the magnitude of the threat.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, high risk said:

I think you're in as good of a location as any.    I'm very bullish on the SVR threat today, just more bearish than most on the tornado threat (although I think that a TOR watch will be and should be issued).    The 18z LWX sounding should be a big help in understanding the magnitude of the threat.

thank you!! 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.