Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 18th Event

stormtracker

34 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Ok, good luck with that. Enjoy your inch of slop followed by a few chilly days, then another cutter (like I said 5 days ago). 

I could make a generic forecast like that and it would be right 80% of the time. But thanks for reminding us what normal is around here. 

Gotta day ... this is the most disappointing event of the winter for me ... at least as it looks now.  I was never disappointed by the early Dec event because we never get those anafrontal events to work. But these ... I understand what PSU is saying about the WAA but you get that low in Cincinnati and we’d be talking about a warning level event. Instead it chose to go to Manitoba lol.

But hey, it’s been ten years, but the miracle of Jan 2010 is still alive in my memory. It was the 12z runs that day that started it all. Not giving up yet lol.

And if not there will always be another one someday 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Gotta day ... this is the most disappointing event of the winter for me ... at least as it looks now.  I was never disappointed by the early Dec event because we never get those anafrontal events to work. But these ... I understand what PSU is saying about the WAA but you get that low in Cincinnati and we’d be talking about a warning level event. Instead it chose to go to Manitoba lol.

But hey, it’s been ten years, but the miracle of Jan 2010 is still alive in my memory. It was the 12z runs that day that started it all. Not giving up yet lol.

And if not there will always be another one someday 

a wintry event is a wintry event and worth be happy over. at least, thats how i view it. i get that not everyone sees things that way, but you gotta take the small wins when you get them. could always be worse. 

• Like 5

a wintry event is a wintry event and worth be happy over. at least, thats how i view it. i get that not everyone sees things that way, but you gotta take the small wins when you get them. could always be worse. 
Truth, but it cant get worst, could it? LR 10 to 15 day actually does get worse compared to 3 days ago advertised pattern.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just now, CentralVaNATS said:

Truth, but it cant get worst, could it? LR 10 to 15 day actually does get worse compared to 3 days ago advertised pattern.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i dont care about the 10-15 day long range forecast. i dont pay attention to it. why are you here anyways? you called this a nothing event. 

80% of the people posting here will do better than me for even this "non-event."  But you know what?  I'll take whatever falls and move on with life.  There are better things to enjoy.  Yes, snow is a wonderful thing and I want as much as I can.  So i will hope my temps are low enough for any precip that falls to be frozen.  If not, then the next day will come and as long as I'm upright for it then thats what matters.

That said.  i'm hugging the eff out of the one run last night that had a precip stripe over my yard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

80% of the people posting here will do better than me for even this "non-event."  But you know what?  I'll take whatever falls and move on with life.  There are better things to enjoy.  Yes, snow is a wonderful thing and I want as much as I can.  So i will hope my temps are low enough for any precip that falls to be frozen.  If not, then the next day will come and as long as I'm upright for it then thats what matters.

That said.  i'm hugging the eff out of the one run last night that had a precip stripe over my yard.

That's what I'm talking about 

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

I haven't seen all forecasts, but WBAL seems to be on an island w theirs. 2-4 for the northern areas looks aggressive unless we're talking north of york/harrisburg. 

i did text with ava a little bit -- high bust potential she said, but she thinks areas along the border will stay colder longer and not flip as quickly. i doubt i see 4", but wouldn't be surprised at 2". 

2 hours ago, Weather Will said:

You may be right.  But I got up at 345 to catch a train that is now an hour late because of a tree blown down on the track so I decided to look at the maps.

Can we start a drinking game? Each time Weather Will says "red flag" we take a drink :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mappy said:

i did text with ava a little bit -- high bust potential she said, but she thinks areas along the border will stay colder longer and not flip as quickly. i doubt i see 4", but wouldn't be surprised at 2". 

I agree, my call would probably be 2" up there....unless the NAMs turn out correct lol

5 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Look at your name-dropping. I love Ava!

Ha! Ava and I are buddies, she visited my kid's school last year, and we just had lunch together a couple weeks ago. She's awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I agree, my call would probably be 2" up there....unless the NAMs turn out correct lol

yeah the NAM gives me pause. 

• Like 2

It's worth noting that there is really good agreement that there will be a band of snow pushing across the area during the morning tomorrow.    It's narrow, and it won't last long (and it's not clear how far south it will extend), and accumulations won't be great.   BUT, it will fall with temps in the mid 20s, so it will likely cause some travel troubles.

It's also clear that we then get a break before the primary precip band arrives from the west.    How much we can warm before it arrives will of course determine the impacts from that.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic