Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend mix and mess

tamarack

Just now, dendrite said:

It’s about to come through here. I can see the low clouds advancing from the NE. I’m hoping the fropa arrives first from the west. 

I’d be pretty surprised if that happens at this point, but kinda moot anyway, bc as you said we have the close proximity of the front to our west right now. May make a difference in sensible weather for only an hr or two, at worst. 

3 hours ago, Tom12309 said:

Apparently tapping out this early is the norm, I don't know they keep the taps from drying out but it is all pipeline.  A run this early, though, I've never heard of.

The large producers have to tap early. When they have 40-50k+ taps to put in it takes weeks to fully tap all the trees. They all use fully sealed vaccum systems which largely eliminates bacteria contamination in the tap holes. This alows them to extend there season and also get sap under marginal conditions. For smaller producers it's not worth it, you'll get a run now but it will inevitably get cold and the taps will dry up before the real season even starts. I tap a few trees, but always wait until atleast Vday.

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I was thinking more for today. Are there wind holds? Sucks this is on the weekend. 

Yeah we’ve got a lift down but the other major summit lifts are running, including Gondi.  

Visitation is on par with one of those -25C 850mb air masses that likes to settle in during holiday weeks haha.

14 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:
59F wind SW 15mph mostly sunny
Weather Underground site 5 mile to my northeast is 43 with a NE wind.  Will be interesting to watch temp over the next few minutes
Reached 60.6F a little while ago.  Beat yesterdays 58.4F

Didn't think we were gonna be warm again today. Still clouds and 34f.here

Temps fall later today but its after the precip and CF comes thru.