• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend mix and mess

tamarack

It will be interesting to see what happens right in my neck of the woods.  Warm air looks to get almost up to me and then the backdoor cold tries to come in.  Low 40's tomorrow and then the run air really tries to make it in for a few hours.  Would not mind to melt the ice dams forming on the house and melt some of this snow.  60's will be so close yet so far

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro is backing off a bit on the backdoor cold push. Near 70F from LWM to PSM on Sunday. The door creeps into E-C NH, but doesn't make it to me. GFS was doorless here as well.

That would smash records. PSM on south has very little to no snow cover already. That area is primed to maximize that window. Timing wrt fropa is good as well.

Non-weather person here. Pardon my intrusion. I’m supposed to fly to Bangor tomorrow and then fly home from there Sunday morning. Will have to drive roughly 45 mins (in good weather) to get to BGR. Should I just not go? Not dying to have to drive to the airport in an ice storm for a flight that may never go. But I don’t really know how bad it’s supposed to be. Will be driving from Penobscot Bay to BGR. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Sonkie23 said:

Non-weather person here. Pardon my intrusion. I’m supposed to fly to Bangor tomorrow and then fly home from there Sunday morning. Will have to drive roughly 45 mins (in good weather) to get to BGR. Should I just not go? Not dying to have to drive to the airport in an ice storm for a flight that may never go. But I don’t really know how bad it’s supposed to be. Will be driving from Penobscot Bay to BGR. Thanks!

Looks icy to me towards BGR.  If you're not comfortable with that idea then maybe cancel.

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

guess i won't be going to andover tomorrow. my buddy said he was going to ride. I gotta call him and tell him to stay off trails. clubs don't like that when it's warm

Yeah, I would stay off them until next weekend, Its looking better after the 15th.

50 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

guess i won't be going to andover tomorrow. my buddy said he was going to ride. I gotta call him and tell him to stay off trails. clubs don't like that when it's warm

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I would stay off them until next weekend, Its looking better after the 15th.

Depending on how we bounce back, I may look into heading up there for the free weekend. I’ve never ridden Maine. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

31.6F

Tickling up to freezing. Still about 10" OTG.

Warming up on the hill.  Up to 38F   8" at the snowstake.   40's tomorrow and 50's for a few hours Sunday.  Bets on if I will have any bare spots?  This snow has so much water content.  Without sun I just don't see how we are going to melt much of this.