tamarack

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats everyone on everything 

We
only expect overnight low temps to drop into the middle 50s to lower
60s in most locations away from the immediate south coast. These
overnight low temps are some 35 to 45 degrees above normal for this
time of year!

Yeah I love how my room is 75F,.  sleeping tonight should be nice and comfortable.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

About to grill outside in short sleeves. Go the window open airing out the house. Feels weird with it dark outside. Like it's one of those nice days in early May. 

If it’s gonna be warm, might as well take advantage of it.  Great evening to air out the stale air in the house.  

Still some cooler air in the deeper valleys. My brother in law lives in a small valley off the one I-89 runs through and it was 38 on my car thermo when I left there around 4:00. It was 51 up by MPV when I dove past. 42 at the bottom of my hill and 50 when I got home. I always find these type orographic differences fascinating.  

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If it’s gonna be warm, might as well take advantage of it.  Great evening to air out the stale air in the house.  

Yep. Usually it's raining when we breach 55F here. But when it's dry with a mild breeze....that's perfect for grilling and opening the windows. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Crazy being totally comfortable in shorts and short sleeves outside any time of day or night in mid Jan. By the time we’re 80.. this might be the norm 

Ha ha - I hope not. But hey, folks that are thinking about moving to Florida when they retire may be able to just stay put, up here. Arctic Circle the new New England...?

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. Usually it's raining when we breach 55F here. But when it's dry with a mild breeze....that's perfect for grilling and opening the windows. 

It is pouring up here.  Yard is holding onto a few inches of snow but this won’t survive the night.  Still good to air out the house... but what a hot rain.  52/50 type of stuff.