Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Year Storm Thread 12/29-01/01

dryslot

On 12/27/2019 at 6:31 AM, Ginx snewx said:

Euro based guess at this point. Brian 4 to 8 Gene to Jeffafafa 8 to 12 then Hunchie Ray 3 to 6 Hippy to ORH 2 to 4 with sleet ice snow. Jerry  Boston South of Pike to 84 1 to 3, a period of snow sleet ice south of that maybe an inch with NCT Mass border 2 with maybe .2 ice? Still early. Lots of qpf so if that 7h collapses like the Euro has the potential from the SVT CVT area over to Brian, Gene to Jeffafafa is for high end foot plus amounts. 

12 Z Sat Euro delivered for CNE, no changes 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Maybe just a tad aloft. I didn’t see anything  notable near surface. More juice it seems too on this run. You’re going to have wobbles from here on out,  but certainly a chance of tugs to the warmer side aloft by just a bit. 

There's the Chicken coop collapser. Maybe the biggest power outage issue is heavy wet snow in the Monads PWM region 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe just a tad aloft. I didn’t see anything  notable near surface. More juice it seems too on this run. You’re going to have wobbles from here on out,  but certainly a chance of tugs to the warmer side aloft by just a bit. 

Euro and HREF walking hand in hand with grid issues icestorm . Weebles wobble as poles come down?

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Coming together as envisioned.  Never punt when you can get points on the board. Well maybe fake punt. Nice run for you, still time to figure this all out though. Hopefully no Lucy

Going back to a couple days back runs on the Euro, I was missing part one the last 2 days but now looks like i may catch a piece of that as well as round 2 looks to be juicing up as the SLP looks to get going a little faster south of here and a bit east on the track.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Go low on any siggy ice as of now imo.  If future modeling ups the ante more, then it might be a more significant situation for us in CT.  

Many times these start to trend warmer before go time...at least the last one did.

Time to watch. Very warm at the surface well away from dewpoint drain.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Go low on any siggy ice as of now imo.  If future modeling ups the ante more, then it might be a more significant situation for us in CT.  

Many times these start to trend warmer before go time...at least the last one did.

Right around 260 ft here and about a mile from here rises to 450.ft. I could always take a 10 to 15 min drive and be in the stafford area I'm pretty sure they will do well so starting to get excited.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

On the Euro at least this is a non event for all of Ct, some brief sleet. Dewpoints never drop below 34, hard to get siggy ice being that warm. One run but those calling for 2008 ice storm took a hit on the chin on that model at least 

This Is a nothing burger for us CT peeps...Kev dreams gonna be crushed..as usual.   We look forward to the new year and maybe some fun then in 2020??