Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Rare times when Will and Scooter are leading the optimism charge.

LOL. And this after last night. Part of me wants to watch this trend west and give rain to those who were crying about it yesterday. However, I think for my mental health sake that would be bad.

31 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol of course it is. Expect some snow but anything robust is a head fake. 

It would be nice to see the ground white again for a couple days before the January torch...Kids need to use their sleds for a bit, they are already talking about spring

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

No I am rooting for it too, it’s going to torch might as well set records and enjoy on the weekend! Let’s get 3-6” first Tuesday night! 

If it is going to be warm during the coldest time of year, lets really torch it....Saves a ton on heating costs

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve been able to hold off the big warmth so far in NE. This next torch seems like 65-70 SNE and 60+ NNE with dews

I think one day this weekend could be mild, but that front is close. Could be near 60 one day and 30s the next while it’s furnacing aloft.  It does look like the the Pacific gets a little better afterwards, but until we get more ridging onto the west coast, we’ll be prone to these mild spells. This is why some blocking would be nice. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Mega torch incoming 

thaw within a thaw

We need a clean warm sector with like +10 to +12 850 temps to get these calls for 60s to near 70...that's literally record stuff...front is close so it could easily be a dirty warm sector with 850s of plus 6/8 or not even really a warm sector at all if that front presses south by Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think one day this weekend could be mild, but that front is close. Could be near 60 one day and 30s the next while it’s furnacing aloft.  It does look like the the Pacific gets a little better afterwards, but until we get more ridging onto the west coast, we’ll be prone to these mild spells. This is why some blocking would be nice. 

All joking aside. Looking forward to the snow, but it just takes away the enjoyment when you know it’s wiped out 48 hours later. Snow day Wednesday to kids wearing shorts to school Friday 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

All joking aside. Looking forward to the snow, but it just takes away the enjoyment when you know it’s wiped out 48 hours later. Snow day Wednesday to kids wearing shorts to school Friday 

I’m just hoping we can grab a few. I could use it. :lol: