• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wxRob_Coleman
    Newest Member
    wxRob_Coleman

November Discobs 2019

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

3k NAM wetter again...1”+ for much of the area.  Hopefully we see this setup repeat itself multiple times this winter.

yea, it looks like a fairly classic wintry setup, but just 1-2 months too early.

• Like 2

WWA up on the spine of the Blue Ridge for possible freezing rain Waynesboro up. I had some sleet mixed in when the rain started, so there is a below freezing in a layer somewhere up there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 87storms said:

yea, it looks like a fairly classic wintry setup, but just 1-2 months too early.

Definitely thought that multiple times today while cleaning up leaves. Get this setup even a month from now and there’s a great chance it’s a 6-10” event.

42 here. Wintry feeling day. It shall be a chilly rain. Yes a month or so from now perhaps this would be a slightly different outcome.

Also I decided to put the leaves off till the end of the week. The last major batch looks primed to come down, so not wasting my efforts today when I have a 4 day weekend upcoming.

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Definitely thought that multiple times today while cleaning up leaves. Get this setup even a month from now and there’s a great chance it’s a 6-10” event.

Meanwhile radar is looking less than stellar at the moment, so that’s good preparation for winter. Win win.

4 hours ago, 87storms said:

Meanwhile radar is looking less than stellar at the moment, so that’s good preparation for winter. Win win.

And here is the heavy rain now looking at radar 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Sleet woke me up . Looked and definitely some sleet and a couple very wet flakes falling . 35

1.05" rain

No glory here. At least I haven't seen anything and I have been up since 3:30. Took a casual glance at things and would not be shocked if we do have a brief period of snow (besides what you CLAIM* to have seen :) )

*I know how us :weenie::weenie::weenie: roll. :whistle:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Sleet woke me up . Looked and definitely some sleet and a couple very wet flakes falling . 35

1.05" rain

6 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

No glory here. At least I haven't seen anything and I have been up since 3:30. Took a casual glance at things and would not be shocked if we do have a brief period of snow (besides what you CLAIM* to have seen :) )

*I know how us :weenie::weenie::weenie: roll. :whistle:

I am so embarrassed about that weenie crack. :poster_oops:

Had some heavier rates move in a couple of minutes ago and your comment made me go out and look. Quite a few Nickle+ sized flakes bombing us right now. Probably lose them when the rates drop again but this gives me hope we actually get some decent mood flakes as this system pulls out.

• Like 1

850c line is starting pull east looking at mesoanalysis . A nice 994 mb low centered just east of Delaware. Getting that rotating  pivot look in the radar.  Would have been a nice snow event. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

850c line is starting pull east looking at mesoanalysis . A nice 994 centered just east of Delaware. 

Haven't really looked at the Mesos yet. Been busy looking into the Dec 2nd period as well as what we are seeing in the extended in upper latitudes. Seeing some indications that all this panic may be for nothing.

Snow has picked up somewhat here (probably 60/40, snow/rain at this time). Now have quite a few quarter sized flakes in the mix with half dollar sized falling every couple of seconds). Temps have dropped in the last 20 minutes from a steady 36 from 3:30 to where we are now sitting at 35.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Snow has picked up somewhat here (probably 60/40, snow/rain at this time). Now have quite a few quarter sized flakes in the mix with half dollar sized falling every couple of seconds). Temps have dropped in the last 20 minutes from a steady 36 from 3:30 to where we are now sitting at 35.

So it wasn't the weenie goggles :whistle:

You're under nice returns atm. Actually Hrrr,  nam, Hderps have been showing some light frozen accum. 

• Like 1

Anyone seeing snow in Carrol or Frederick counties?  I'm hoping to see some flurries with the backside rotating through.

Gotta be snowing there. It’s snowing in Lancaster under the lighter returns right now.