Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

So the big question, does the Euro cave to what the GFS has been showing the last couple of runs? Although the GFS did have a couple of runs where it showed a slower more dynamic/phased system.

Considering other guidance is robust including GEFS suggests that the op gfs is otl.

• Like 2

Seems the more intense guidance is reflecting a more tropical connection to the development of the coastal—NAM/Euro—vs the GFS and Ukie. 

All major guidance continues to trend west, and further from a classic Miller B.. Overall appears like a blend between the two evolutions, A/B at the moment...

4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like a huge storm....but I don't really care for two reasons:

1) Its October.

2) Thankfully its October because the track blows.

Looks like its for real, though. Better than nothing...

Euro op was much weaker last nite and east by good 100 miles 

Sun 12z had 974 mb mslp Thursday 8am 

0z had 986 as of Thursday 8pm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Seems the more intense guidance is reflecting a more tropical connection to the development of the coastal—NAM/Euro—vs the GFS and Ukie. 

All major guidance continues to trend west, and further from a classic Miller B.. Overall appears like a blend between the two evolutions, A/B at the moment...

We're due for a good Pope storm.

27 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Euro op was much weaker last nite and east by good 100 miles 

Sun 12z had 974 mb mslp Thursday 8am 

0z had 986 as of Thursday 8pm

Yeah, figured those other exotic solutions were a little wild. Still doesn’t change my mind that it’s nothing really crazy. 

• Haha 1

Could be a pretty decent forced line of low topped convection that rolls through PA/NY, however, that probably weakens significantly prior to moving into our area..kinda a shame b/c that could produce a decent little swath of some wind damage. At least we'll get some heavy rain and a little wind :drunk: 

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pickles missed some important deets. You got smoked on the Euro, model fact not any interpretation.  

The whole thing is weird to me. Guidance is sort of all over with where what and how that secondary low forms and the wind fields around it. Verbatim I feel like only a small area just east of low center feels anything noteworthy for winds. But, where does the low track?

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

???

image.thumb.png.cc2efb13ab72a33a77cdb0e381c2c1c8.png

Yea it wasn’t weaker. Looked just as  wound up, but further west. Down to 970’s south of CT.  

The euro continues to show a microcane type feature as well. The the 3hr gust output is obviously hugely overdone (as usual), but linking it to highlight this mesoscale feature....

0C61CD7F-DBB1-470E-8082-0601EC20E069.png

DF025F25-6701-49DB-BABF-516FE55EF66F.png

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea it wasn’t weaker. Looked just as  wound up, but further west. Down to 970’s south of CT.  

The euro continues to show a microcane type feature as well. The the 3hr gust output is obviously hugely overdone (as usual), but linking it to highlight this mesoscale feature....

0C61CD7F-DBB1-470E-8082-0601EC20E069.png

DF025F25-6701-49DB-BABF-516FE55EF66F.png

Man Pope.. that’s a Fir Flattener right there. 

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Obviously. Take 30% off those numbers at least. Probably 40% -50% off, inland.

Anyway, the exact output with those graphics wasn’t the point. It never is at 72+ hrs..

The only point i was making was that it was west and still quite dynamic from my model interpretation.

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Obviously. Take 30% off those numbers at least. Probably 40% -50% off, inland.

Anyway, the exact output with those graphics wasn’t the point. It never is at 72+ hrs..

I know what you meant by posting that, it’s just so high inland all the time. That’s all I meant.

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Seems like there may be some sort of convective feedback going on as well within the models. This system though looks quite progressive and looks like it begins to occlude either over us or just west and the entire dynamics just sort of start crapping out. Probably be a decent slug of precip which moves through, but it does so quickly enough to probably keep flooding to poor-drainage areas. Winds probably be stronger on the backside Thursday 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’d be much more inclined to sell the wind threat if this was winter or especially early spring. Mid October climo (SST’s) will —in general—translate to much more efficient mixing down to the surface in the warm sector pre-occlusion and in the eastern half of the system post occlusion. 

In terms of population impacted we need to see if this west trend persists. What do the impacts looks like if this occludes over Hartford CT or Providence RI vs Portsmouth NH? Worst impacts in terms of wind and surge shift from coastal ME to coastal MA and RI...Low probs at this point, but something to watch.