• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sereinwriter
    Newest Member
    sereinwriter
George BM

October Discobs 2019

Light sprinkle here in Easton. Looking at radar it looks like it will rain enough in my yard to maybe dampen the ground.

Sad that I cannot be there to experience it.

Two days in a row now I've seen SWward moving radar echoes right along the I-95 and 295 corridor around the rush hour time of morning.  That's counter to the direction that the rain has been moving each day.  I'm using the COD radar page. Could this be rush hour traffic seen by the radar?  Don't recall seeing this before. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

More likely it's birds/bugs, but the location seemed coincidental. 

Another 0.63 to go with yesterday 0.64, a nice two day 1.27" total that actually had a chance to soak into the ground rather than immediately runoff to ditches and creeks. A rather raw day with NE breezes....I like! Stayed under 55 degrees all day/night. Currently 51.3/49.9.

56 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Two days in a row now I've seen SWward moving radar echoes right along the I-95 and 295 corridor around the rush hour time of morning.  That's counter to the direction that the rain has been moving each day.  I'm using the COD radar page. Could this be rush hour traffic seen by the radar?  Don't recall seeing this before. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

More likely it's birds/bugs, but the location seemed coincidental. 

Don't think it would be traffic since you get a lot of SW-moving returns south of DC. Traffic would be moving north. Very slowly.

It's chemtrails. And HAARP. 

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

0.06" also here.  I have to go back to August 24th to cumulatively add up to over 1" of precip.  

I've now had 0.14" of precip total since August 24. 

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Two days in a row now I've seen SWward moving radar echoes right along the I-95 and 295 corridor around the rush hour time of morning.  

Are you seeing low-level drizzle/showers moving in the direction of surface winds?

11 minutes ago, Treckasec said:

Are you seeing low-level drizzle/showers moving in the direction of surface winds?

I’m on travel so haven’t been able to go outside to check. Maybe @cigrgd or someone else living along 95 can comment?

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m on travel so haven’t been able to go outside to check. Maybe @cigrgd or someone else living along 95 can comment?

I feel like there have been a ton of phantom echoes on LWX radar recently. There didn't used to be persistent light echos showing up across the area. Going to be annoying come winter.

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I don't think that is it, the ceilings were way too high for what would almost certainly have been a drizzle patch. 

I went back to look at the 200 loop CoD radar image and I'm stumped.  There are two areas, one starting in western Baltimore and another in Tacoma Park.  They drift SSE which does align with the wind direction.  If you look at the polarimetric parameters it clearly isn't precipitation, but you'd expect a different Zdr if it was birds (migration was my first guess). 

It also isn't vehicles.  Those show up much sharper on radar right along the roadway when there is a good inversion.  This became more diffuse.    

My guess is still biological, but what I'm not sure.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nj2va said:

10/10 weather today.  Cooling down into the 60s....great night to watch the Nats game out on the patio.  

Beautiful out!  Hopefully the Nats don't crap the bed like the Braves are doing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nj2va said:

10/10 weather today.  Cooling down into the 60s....great night to watch the Nats game out on the patio.  

Will they finally be able to win in the first round tonight?  Or will they pull a Caps and blow it?

Seems like above normal is the new normal for temps in the MA.  Might be my perception but CPC outlooks are almost always AN no matter when you click on them.  8-14 AN...3-4 week outlook AN...monthly AN.  October is the new September. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yoda said:

Will they finally be able to win in the first round tonight?  Or will they pull a Caps and blow it?

Your fascination with the Caps warms my heart on this chilly Oct Eve @yoda. ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Definitely feels like fall. 57 with a stiff NE breeze. Cloudy.

A little rain would be nice!

That line this morning was headed your way . How much you get . Don't say .001" either :D

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That line this morning was headed your way . How much you get . Don't say .001" either :D

LOL

It pretty much died. Ok I will go with .02" then :P 

Do you have WB Premium? I just reactivated and I actually think I hate it lol. Where are the individual ens members?

24 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL

It pretty much died. Ok I will go with .02" then :P 

Do you have WB Premium? I just reactivated and I actually think I hate it lol. Where are the individual ens members?

Drought begets Drought " or something like that lol. Yea I got WB .  No Md or DC for close ins just Mid Atlantic on individuals . Hopefully they add them before December 

Go under ( Global ensembles)-Ecmwf mean or Gefs and change region to United states or closer in and then individuals will show up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Drought begets Drought " or something like that lol. Yea I got WB .  No Md or DC for close ins just Mid Atlantic on individuals . Hopefully they add them before December 

Yeah they better do something. Only WB could "improve" the interface and make it worse than the clunky mess it was before. At least I could find everything and all the functionality was there before. This is just shiit. I will give it a month. If it doesn't improve, I will cancel and I guess I will give Stormvista a go.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

At first I hated it but now I've gotten used to it some and its tolerable but I miss the by state and city individuals 

Maybe it was a bad time to do this after drinking a DFH 90 min IPA, a couple glasses of wine, and a bourbon on the rocks, but where in the hell are the individual members? All I see under "MAPS" > "Global Ensembles" are the means.

24 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe it was a bad time to do this after drinking a DFH 90 min IPA, a couple glasses of wine, and a bourbon on the rocks, but where in the hell are the individual members? All I see under "MAPS" > "Global Ensembles" are the means.

Look above ^ 

Go to "Ecmwf mean "

Change region to United states or east coast or mid Atlantic then the parameters will have individuals in them .

I have an Android device so maybe its different on a  PC desktop 

Lol . Your drinking combo is like I do often 

• Like 1