Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

51 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Why don’t they move the BOS location to grassy areas away from the tarmac?

I posted a link a while back but the city was looking for comments on how to improve the common.  I took the survey as an outsider and made a suggestion that they add a weather station like central park.  My suggestion here was that if enough of us made that comment it might get added to the list of discussion points.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BostonCommonMasterPlan

BTV on that lookout for first flakes at the Picnic Tables:  

“The next question becomes how much moisture lingers under cold air advection with northwest flow Thursday night into Friday morning. Temperatures could get just cold enough atop our highest peaks that snow mixes in with any lingering showers. This will be above 3000ft. Model snow levels are a bit higher, so it will be a stretch, but we are not far from the first snows across the mountain peaks.”

A quick 0.41” of rain so far this evening... more than PWM had all September lol.  

Man we just missed some huge rains... one county north of here is widespread 1.5-3.0” so far today.  

Crazy how it can be so dry for an entire month in places while other areas of New England get 2-3” in a few hours.  The region around Jay Peak has been soaked today. 

79188482-E2DB-4DF6-AD25-2B513A40C745.thumb.jpeg.bf64e3cdc916abd1dbc3bba82c33074d.jpeg

• Sad 1

Its been thundering for 3 hours now.  Still good flashes of lightning too.  

I do enjoy these non-severe type events where it’s just rounds of convection for hours.  

It pours for like 10 minutes then stops, then pours for 10 minutes and stops.  But the whole time there’s thunder and lightning around.