Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Time to work on elevating the water table heading into fall.

image.thumb.png.31e076157201f269d2bb4f29eb0f0627.png

I saw PWM had it’s 3rd driest September on record...only missing the record from 1948 by like .13”.  

Thats crazy, they had under 1/2” of rain the entire month of September...I had no idea it was that dry.  We had 4-5” generally in the northern third of VT.  Hard to believe PWM downstream couldn’t muster more than like .45”.

There were a few heavy West to East rain events but they must’ve gone north of PWM.  

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I saw PWM had it’s 3rd driest September on record...only missing the record from 1948 by like .13”.  

Thats crazy, they had under 1/2” of rain the entire month of September...I had no idea it was that dry.  We had 4-5” generally in the northern third of VT.  Hard to believe PWM downstream couldn’t muster more than like .45”.

There were a few heavy West to East rain events but they must’ve gone north of PWM.  

1.31" here.

image.png.c3f6aab86740ccecda4780cd20bb3d2e.png

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Gene had posted this one in the NNE thread, PWM sticks out like a sore thumb

image.png.e42363c4272befe2148adf3a3eff4c7a.png

I don't know if that's ground based (like CoCoRAHS and COOPs) or radar derived, but that map looks pretty darn accurate, if a little under-done up this way.

Local stations were just around 4" here and 5-6" a couple miles west into the Spine axis (J.Spin for example). 

Can certainly see the orographic enhancement there in the Adirondacks, Greens and Whites.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Have that here too. 

It happens in convection season.  Think of the PWM total and then you think, how easy is it to get a quick half inch of rain from a cluster of T-storms?  Just unlucky and there were several slugs of convection and synoptic forcing moving through just 25-50 miles to the northwest of PWM throughout the month. 

That gradient from like 1" to 3" is pretty sharp overall.  Have and have nots.