Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

44 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

No one wants property damage and flooding. What kind of sicko would

LOL.... really???   We've been through this on here a million times.  Nobody is wishing harm/destruction on anybody.  But sometimes flooding and damage can happen in Nor'Easters whether they bring Rain or Snow my fine Dr.   It's the nature of the beast.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Muggy as balls in Richmond. Everything is burned out down here. Haven’t had any rain in a long time. They calling for 90 tomorrow, 95 Wed, and 97 Thurs. 

That’s insane.  The A/C bills must be through the roof.  Turn it on in April and leave the A/C on until Thanksgiving?

2 hours ago, adiabatic13 said:

this, especially considering I was still burning it in mid-June...while the rest of the planet roasts, 40N 70W is the new Iceland (even under record breaking ridges, what junk)

You grouse sarcasm ...but heh, it's true.  And, glad I'm not the only one noticing around here this cold 'landfill' that seems to be this region of the hemisphere.

I've opined and demo'ed stats on this, going back to 2000, 2/3rd ( ~) of the months, we are cooler relative to surrounding.  So not all the time...no, but if/when our continent is above normal ( which let's face it ... the majority of months it has been that way ) the majority of those months we are somehow someway colder then that average. But we are above normal - it's like hiding crime. haha

But...it suits this particular concentration of enthusiasts just fine and smugly, because despite all protestations and or claim to the opposite, they have a nostalgic/emotional dependency to cold climate events in here - actually to the extent of bi-polar upper mood swings at the very sight of snow storms on models, and it gets unbearable at this time of year when you can sense their gaeity switches turning on just because it's 45, cloudy with light rain ... as if they are somehow closer to their weird cryo neurosis ... ' at least it's a moral victor'

How's that for sarcasm :)