• Member Statistics

    16,026
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
    Joined
Tyler Penland

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Recommended Posts

You fellas are getting me excited with all these reports. May bite the bullet and make a trip up yalls way for the Friday night into Saturday morning system. Anxious to see how it looks on tonight’s runs. 18z was pretty bullish on both the NAM and GFS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The EURO again stunk things up.

Per usual the past 12 months. It’s not like it’s only bad to one of its bias but it’s just bad period right now. Overrunning events, SW cutoffs, Nw flow. I don’t get why people (including Mets) keep hugging it. Especially with how bad it’s been in our area, just brutal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Per usual the past 12 months. It’s not like it’s only bad to one of its bias but it’s just bad period right now. Overrunning events, SW cutoffs, Nw flow. I don’t get why people (including Mets) keep hugging it. Especially with how bad it’s been in our area, just brutal. 

Did you see the graph Griteater posted during the last event? It is now 0 for 6. The GFS has actually done the best but just barely.  The models have been not so good this season with snow events.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Met1985 said:

Did you see the graph Griteater posted during the last event? It is now 0 for 6. The GFS has actually done the best but just barely.  The models have been not so good this season with snow events.

Yes that was a really good visual he posted. I’ll be honest and can’t believe I’m saying this, I’d trust the NAM at 84 over any global right now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can always tell when you guys are getting hammered. We went from crystal clear skies in the foothills to a dense cloud deck just a few miles to the west and some streamer clouds racing overhead. Wish I was about 10 miles further west. Enjoy it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Yes that was a really good visual he posted. I’ll be honest and can’t believe I’m saying this, I’d trust the NAM at 84 over any global right now. 

The NAM has done the best job inside 84 hours absolutely.  It may be a little too over amped here and there but I think this season it has outperformed every other model so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I can always tell when you guys are getting hammered. We went from crystal clear skies in the foothills to a dense cloud deck just a few miles to the west and some streamer clouds racing overhead. Wish I was about 10 miles further west. Enjoy it!

We are still getting hammered this morning.  It hasn't let up at all. Roads are a mess, the winds will cut right through you. Good times!

  • Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Met, Joe and Buckethead.  Light snow here, about 1/4” of Fresh accumulation but you can tell the first dusting melted and froze as well as the wind blew it around so maybe closer to 1/2” total from when it started last night to now if I had measured the correct way with a snowboard and by the interval.  Wife had to drive to Asheville at 3:30 am and said it was snowing hard from here to there but nothing on the way back. Adding my penny to the piggy bank.  1.5” to go to hit double digits for our first full winter season here, I‘m gonna be confident and think we can do it by the end of April.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Congrats Met, Joe and Buckethead.  Light snow here, about 1/4” of Fresh accumulation but you can tell the first dusting melted and froze as well as the wind blew it around so maybe closer to 1/2” total from when it started last night to now if I had measured the correct way with a snowboard and by the interval.  Wife had to drive to Asheville at 3:30 am and said it was snowing hard from here to there but nothing on the way back. Adding my penny to the piggy bank.  1.5” to go to hit double digits for our first full winter season here, I‘m gonna be confident and think we can do it by the end of April.

Yeah this was more of a classic NWFS so you kind of get shadowed out that way. Its amazing the difference in trajectory makes across the county. I guarantee you will hit double digits by April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah this was more of a classic NWFS so you kind of get shadowed out that way. Its amazing the difference in trajectory makes across the county. 

Oh yea.  We get shadowed by Lynn Lowry badly since we are at the base.  I’d love to be at the one house I wanted above 5000’ in the Mt Sterling area next to park.  Bet they got hammered.  I’ll take anything I get in flow snow due to how we are situated, we actually managed our largest snow this year in the one event where trajectory was better for us, 2.5”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

We are still getting hammered this morning.  It hasn't let up at all. Roads are a mess, the winds will cut right through you. Good times!

Same up here...solid snow and winds...will send out some pics in a bit...took a ride down 194 into Boone and Boone was getting a nice snow around 7:15ish...WCS closed today and I bet they will tomorrow...on the way down all the side roads were covered...and in Boone too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.