• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

21 minutes ago, Tacoma said:

We  can't seem to get the cold air to become well established just before the moisture gets here.  Like the end of this week coming we'll have the temps but no moisture, threading a needle isn't the word, LOL  :axe:

Its because of the extreme AO and NAO being so positive this season. We are very lucky seeing what we have seen already. 

1 hour ago, MotoWeatherman said:

This is giving me the itch to make a trip to Beech Wednesday

Bring it on,, I’ll take a half inch here and there.  ❄️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

12z NAM and GFS both really upped the ante for late Wednesday into Thursday.  Solid 3+" for most above 4k feet.

I was just looking at that and wondered if you guys were talking about it. The soundings on the NAM are pretty impressive.

• Like 2

NAM still hammering on the upslope snow coming in Wednesday night into Thursday.  The wave for this weekend looks a bit more robust. We will see but it looks like we will see multiple small events at this point.  Better than nothing and it will turn pretty cold for all .

23 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

12z NAM still looks great for Tomorrow night into Thursday.  Looks like even the valleys could see some snow if the NAM is to be believed. 

Yes it does.  Eventually one of us is bound to cash in and get more than a couple of inches.  Maybe it'll be you Met, or someone in the northern mountains.

There's gonna be a lot of wind too, and the ground is extremely soft right now.  Snow might not be the only thing falling. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Yes it does.  Eventually one of us is bound to cash in and get more than a couple of inches.  Maybe it'll be you Met, or someone in the northern mountains.

There's gonna be a lot of wind too, and the ground is extremely soft right now.  Snow might not be the only thing falling. 

Yeah the wind is going to be gusting. We may see some whiteout conditions if we get some nice snow squalls. 

• Like 2

Just now, Buckethead said:

And the 18z 3km Nam dumps on the favored upslope areas.  Some double digit totals higher up...and that's just through 6z Friday.  

snku_acc.us_ma (3).png

Lol you just beat me to it. This is the best upslope look iv seen in a long time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Also at the end of the run there is another great signal for a nice event this weekend.  Im saying signal because its the end of the NAMS run but still the GFS has been hinting at this the last few runs.

It would be a nice way to end meteorological winter for sure.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, natbright said:

I wonder if this is going to be like January 31 when it quite literally snowed around me here in Cruso. 

Cruso is a strange part of Haywood.  Sometimes Cruso gets snow and sometimes Cruso doesn't.  I don't think they do well with upslope snow though. They do better with southern storms than anything else. But I do think yall will see some snow tomorrow night and this weekend. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

0z 3km Nam is still really impressive in the upslope areas tomorrow night. I wonder if we'll see WSW's for above 3500 going up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

And the 0z 12K NAM looks interesting for Friday into Saturday...

• Like 1