• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

6 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Pretty good bust as far as the models go in the SW mountains..I drove through Cherokee , Clay, Graham, and Swain Counties..saw maybe a 1/8" above 3000 ft..got to give credit to GSP for keeping this toned down pretty well..back edge has made it to Chattanooga..winding down soon

I think what went wrong was we had a due west to east orientation of moisture.  A true sw to NE flow would have been better.  Then then mtns could have enhanced the totals.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Almost an inch in the last hour, 25/25.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That's amazing. I have maybe 1/2 to 3/4 max here. Temps killed me. Although I don't usually do well when precip comes straight from the west. Another nickel in the bank.

We got really good rates for about 2 hours and got about an inch on cars and elevated surfaces.  Temps and rates just didn't cooperate.  Probably would have been at 6 inches easily if we would have been below freezing.  Oh well, on to the next one...

still snowing, but probably gonna max out close to 2 inches. Brad P nailed his forecast for our area up here in the northern areas. Now we need it to warm up and dry out some after tonight and tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

We got really good rates for about 2 hours and got about an inch on cars and elevated surfaces.  Temps and rates just didn't cooperate.  Probably would have been at 6 inches easily if we would have been below freezing.  Oh well, on to the next one...

Yep. We ended up with about 1.75”

1 minute ago, Rainforrest said:

Yep. We ended up with about 1.75”

Dang I thought you would get closer to 5 or 6.. 

Haven't actually measured here, but looks close to a half inch. A little disappointing, but expectations were low, and with this winter...anything is nice. I'm just glad it finally stuck enough to get the trees/ground white. My seed order came in the mail, so I'm planning for the vegetable garden this weekend...I figure once I start doing that, we'll end up with the late season cold snap. ;) 

Hope everyone enjoyed what they got! 

12 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Dang I thought you would get closer to 5 or 6.. 

Guy I work with lives in Highlands says they have 5 inches there. Makes sense as they had the best qpf and temps below freezing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MountainOctopus said:

Haven't actually measured here, but looks close to a half inch. A little disappointing, but expectations were low, and with this winter...anything is nice. I'm just glad it finally stuck enough to get the trees/ground white. My seed order came in the mail, so I'm planning for the vegetable garden this weekend...I figure once I start doing that, we'll end up with the late season cold snap. ;) 

Hope everyone enjoyed what they got! 

Was hoping to get enough to try out the new tube but unfortunately we did not.

I was ready to give up on snow this year so I am happy with the inch or two we got.  It’s still lightly snowing and it’s beautiful. 

0739970B-DE0D-4352-BCAF-BEEC7371D435.jpeg

5C19FEAB-B222-4FE0-9B31-22216D43D222.jpeg

• Like 7

Just now, Tyler Penland said:

Guys it took til almost March but I finally have MEASURABLE snow in my yard.

I don't lol but glad some got their best snow of the season. We had more back in January. Looks like a possible robust NWFS later next week followed by a cold blast and possible piece of energy diving down with the trough.  Interesting times ahead

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, Hvward said:

Really liking the setup for Thursday, we have done ok in these type of overrunning events here in WNC. Think back to early Dec of 2017.

Models tend to under-do that northern periphery of moisture and its extent.

Gotta give you props.

Even tho we didn't get the accumulations expected with the meager rates and above freezing temps. This was still a great call when models were showing close to nothing.  Great pattern recognition!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Gotta give you props.

Even tho we didn't get the accumulations expected with the meager rates and above freezing temps. This was still a great call when models were showing close to nothing.  Great pattern recognition!

Thanks man! Would love to see that deformation feature showing up on the KMRX Radar give everyone a surprise dusting-1” tonight.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

That band may surprise WNC tonight. Really strengthening as it drops SE. 

I'm out driving around and we have some light rain and drizzle in parts of McDowell.. Its going to be a skating rink later if the wind doesn't pick up

• Like 1