• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mcninja
    Newest Member
    Mcninja

September Weather Discussion 2019

14 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

lol .. there is like literally nobody here concerned about September warmth.

They remain quiet, but they are out there. When October gets warm, they out.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

They remain quiet, but they are out there. When October gets warm, they out.

He, you mean. Rest of us are more than happy to keep the T stat off and enjoy the fall colors. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The other question I have is what happens with the Davis Straits Block. It's possible a little closed ULL sneaks in south of it and cuts shunts off the big heat like it's done over and over and over again all summer long and continues to do so in this early autumn time. Sorry Diane, but the South is going to bake., 

mm hm ...don't be surprised either.  

I don't know if I buy the D6 thru 10 Euro at all.  It was supposed to be that way from tomorrow through next Tuesday but this look has been blunted back to more seasonal anomaly as opposed to the rampant heat.  

I've been elaborating how ridges keep lobing over NW-N of us and causing this weird 500 H "tuck pattern" manifested below as tendencies of high pressure N and llv easterly anomalies into the upper MA and NE regions. It's kept our summer tepid ( though above normal...) and out of the headline heat for one, but it is repeating signal and I have seen those Euro heat ridge looks on too many occasions to count in that sort of time range ...and invariably the consecutive runs start lobing over the heights again ..   We'll see - but that aspect you note above, ... it may not be exactly the same idea but it's a cousin to it... 

Hopefully it parlays into the winter...  but with differences needed. I was musing to my self yesterday that this would be a horror pattern in January... We'd have bone-cold N drift molasses and no storms interminably and I have seen that sort of look set up in winter before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaineJayhawk said:

This and even into October, All bets are off if it goes into Nov though.

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

-2.2F month to date.  Will likely tack on a few more tenths today.

ORH at -2.1F before today.  I thought September would end AN overall, but that might be tough to pull off.  The next 2 weeks will more likely than not bring it close to average

Some hilarious reading this morning.  

Anyway, should do a 40 degree diurnal change today.  

33F to 73F type stuff.  It’s the season of using the heat in your car in the morning, then the A/C when you drive home from work that afternoon.

if a 2SD trough were forecast to park itself over the northeast for two weeks everyone would be doing backflips

4 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

if a 2SD trough were forecast to park itself over the northeast for two weeks everyone would be doing backflips

I'd be excited because we haven't seen that for 20 years in September.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

check the banter thread...those halloween decorations made me think of you

:baby:

8 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

lol, it’s almost like some want people to go into outrage because of a mild pattern.  

I sense some annoyance that people aren’t pissed because it might be 80F in late September.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol, it’s almost like some want people to go into outrage because of a mild pattern.  

I sense some annoyance that people aren’t pissed because it might be 80F in late September.

This!

14 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

until the +AMO goes away, warm falls are the norm....

It's snowed in 10 Octobers since the year 2000 with a +AMO ...  It snowed 3 times in the previous 30 years in New England with a -AMO... 

Next -

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's snowed in 10 Octobers since the year 2000 with a +AMO ...  It snowed 3 times in the previous 30 years in New England with a -AMO... 

Next -

until the -AMO goes away, warm falls are the norm....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaineJayhawk said:

What is there to be concerned about?  People have discussed it.  Extended summer mode.  That's it.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  I don't think people care as much as others would like them to.

Not going to mention names, but...

Image result for forky toy story 4