Total Members
    Most Online
    WxBob
    Newest Member
    WxBob

August Discobs 2019

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

*Taps mic* Is this thing on?  It's humid here in Germantown y'all

Welcome back! Are you moving back to the area or visiting ...from Texas was it ?

The rain potential for our area with this front as trended to complete lameness. Most models have my yard getting zero to maybe a quarter inch. I will take the under.

Oh well, bring on the refreshing air. I will pretend I am in a high desert area for the weekend.

Welcome back! Are you moving back to the area or visiting ...from Texas was it ?

Thanks! Visiting family from Texas. I’m heading back later tomorrow. Going to enjoy the morning and early afternoon before I head back to the oven lol

• Like 2

I'm hoping that cluster riding the M/D line holds it together to mby.

Warned cell over Thurmont atm for 60mph and quarter hail

Line is starting to gel and extend south through Md,WV

Decent little storm here. Not much lightning but gusts 40 maybe 50 mph for a time. Fairly heavy rainfall guessing maybe an inch or so.

eta: And to top it off we had a double rainbow.

• Like 1

The line out in northern VA has lit up with warnings. I like the trend on radar. It would be cool to get a nice night time storm. Sounds like a jungle out there this evening. 

27 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Decent little storm here. Not much lightning but gusts 40 maybe 50 mph for a time. Fairly heavy rainfall guessing maybe an inch or so.

eta: And to top it off we had a double rainbow.

Similar here . Winds not as impressive but heavy rain and thunder. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Currently at a concert at Merriweather with lawn seats. I am not liking the look of the radar to my West. :unsure:

I want to hear all about Cage the Elephant!!!

Also, I can already see that the outflow front is going to screw me from rain and this is going to be a dry front

19 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

The line out in northern VA has lit up with warnings. I like the trend on radar. It would be cool to get a nice night time storm. Sounds like a jungle out there this evening. 

Pretty modest line overall. It will likely weaken further as it moves SE tonight- there is another perturbation behind it that will tend to cause weakening, and will fire off new convection into tomorrow further south and east. There will be a general dead zone in between those getting some decent storms now, and areas in eastern VA that will get it tomorrow. At least that is how the models have it playing out. Hope they are wrong, but I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Also, I can already see that the outflow front is going to screw me from rain and this is going to be a dry front

They are on next. Spoon put in a Bitchin’ show just now!

6 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Just had a pretty decent storm with a lot of t&l and heavy rain not much wind.  Looks to be another cell coming in behind it if it holds together and holds course.

I mentioned earlier Westminster proper looked prime for a couple rounds . Enjoy!

• Like 1

Again... everything went north and south of me... a little breezy but that’s it... saw 1 cool lightning strike but that is it so far. :thumbsdown:

Best thunderstorms of the summer!  Got three cells train over with heavy rain and frequent lightning for 40 minutes.  Rain has let up but still lots of lightning all around.  I've had a bunch of close strikes, with a couple within a few hundred feet.  Not much wind which is fine with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

And that line will never make it here.

NPZ desert-east will be preserved.

Looking at radar Lionel kiddie City says turn that frown upside down dude..lol

Screenshot_20190822-203306_Chrome_crop_360x263.jpg

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like almost every yard in central Md just north of DC s lat on north sees a drink of water .

So glad I’m an idiot

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Also, I can already see that the outflow front is going to screw me from rain and this is going to be a dry front.

• Haha 3