• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Ok, I'm pretty sure the HHH of TN is going to kill me. All my life I have lived in places that have wind. I lived in the intermountain west/great basin/colorado plateau areas, and even the mojave desert for a time. So much wind! And of course living in plymouth near the water the wind was constant. I remember thinking to myself on many occasions, can it just stop being fooking windy, for once???

And then I moved to Nashville, and the heat indices are 95-100 everyday...and are going higher, along with the dew points, and there is NO WIND here. It is just stifling and hard to breathe. Standing still causes a plethora of boob and buttcrack sweat...and now I keep asking the universe ever day for some fooking wind...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Ok, I'm pretty sure the HHH of TN is going to kill me. All my life I have lived in places that have wind. I lived in the intermountain west/great basin/colorado plateau areas, and even the mojave desert for a time. So much wind! And of course living in plymouth near the water the wind was constant. I remember thinking to myself on many occasions, can it just stop being fooking windy, for once???

And then I moved to Nashville, and the heat indices are 95-100 everyday...and are going higher, along with the dew points, and there is NO WIND here. It is just stifling and hard to breathe. Standing still causes a plethora of boob and buttcrack sweat...and now I keep asking the universe ever day for some fooking wind...

Sounds like DIT's idea of Zanadu.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dude has completely lost it. No relief posts hours before dews and temps dropped below 60, 2 times in a week. Yes we get a heatwave incoming but cmon . He hyped June as hot since Feb, remember hottest summer ever? June normal.

And at this very moment he's searching the web in an attempt to find a post or 2 that backs up his "thoughts" 

Having said that ... the 00z Euro looked pretty damn hot for Thur and Frid this week..

Just going by the synoptic layout of basic parameters... looks like 95 is doable those two days, and probably Thur night would be one of those 80 in the urban center type of deals.  

The American models are ..as usual, running out and contriving gradations to temper things if they can't see them actually in existence ... it seems like - it's figuratively as though the modelers embedded permutation genesis algorithms deliberately to f'up heat.   The GFSX MOS is 90 or 91 for four days one cycle, then 85 the next... I mean.. I'm not just complaining for the sake of heat mongering... I wonder what this is going to mean in the winter with this model. 

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...looks like summer. Warm ups and mild downs. I mean, we hit 90s in the days of yore too. All we ask for is tolerable humidity and occasional breaks from the heat.

Still asleep? 

Looking for high humidity with no breaks from the heat...unless its a strong cold front yielding severe wx 

• Like 1

GFS is either going to look very good ... or, not very good this time Sunday when looking back at MOS performance this week. 

Haven't seen the 12z Euro operational run ...but the synoptic evolution for the week across the 00z run painted a hot picture for the 4th and 5th.  90s those two days... Now, I didn't see any 'cloud' products from that model - in fairness to debate, it may be muting temps. However, with amplifying mid and upper heights and WSW component, the climo on those parametrics is usually less ceilings/more insolation. 

Contrasting ...the 12z GFS MOS is cloud almost at all times from late tomorrow to Sunday morning.. 

I think...well, wonder if the GFS is having a problem with DP and huge theta-e loading that's trying to steam bath its way up into the NE as the week goes on?  The GGEM and the GFS both doing something bizarre over the weekend, ...they are morphing what appear to be 'heat lows'/thermal troughs along the lee side of the Apps and the coastal plain up to SNE, into baroclinic lows... This, with zero baroclinicity between Buffalo and NYC... All but 972 to 976 dm thickness everywhere.  It's also got QPF saturation in that same area in that torrid morasse.  I'm not sure I buy any of it..  The GFS MOS has collapsed the high temperature prospects from 90 and 93s to barely limping passed the mid 80s, and fact, fails now to tough 90 at all in some cases through this Saturday...with 850s over 18 C and 570s thickness and 588 ridge cap... mmm...  weird.

I'm interested in seeing the Euru here...