Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Nice dude.  Great stretch for summer activities.  I was able to get a hike to 3,600ft with the dog and then a swim at home in, good stuff today.

It was a great day for summer activities. I was able to answer quite a few emails, analyze a couple of spreadsheets and attend a meeting. Awesome. :(

I do have tomorrow and Thursday off though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

We sunset! Was way better in person but my phone sucks.. the sky was more purple my phone makes it look orange. 

20190702_204519.jpg

Phones and even cameras eff up sunset shots. They bump up the gamma to ridiculous levels so it looks nothing like what you're seeing. Irfanview is free and has gamma correction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Quick jaunt down from Winni to Andover at 4:30am for work. Was U50s when I hit 93 at exit23 to 70 at the MA border. What a pit MA is. :lol:  

And you’re one of those Massholes that flies by me on my way to work going 90-95mph. :lol:

9 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Nice

I don't see the obsession with a/c. Up and in though, to each their own.

Yeah. Much more pleasant to sleep in a sweaty bed and wake up to tacky hardwood floors under your feet.. Also great for my Samoyed dog who is suited for Arctic cold. She would absolutely love to live like a homeless man during Summer. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

And you’re one of those Massholes that flies by me on my way to work going 90-95mph. :lol:

Solid 80-85mph avg on 93 S. But everyone else was doing the same. Not until MHT did someone Tokyo drift around me, and that was a NH dude. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro op looks pretty warm in the extended. I feel like the heat is more likely to verify. Thought DIT would’ve posted about it by now, but maybe he woke up puking on the ceilometer at FMH?

No need . The writing has been on wall . We mentioned a few days ago. HHH with very little breaks 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Quick jaunt down from Winni to Andover at 4:30am for work. Was U50s when I hit 93 at exit23 to 70 at the MA border. What a pit MA is. :lol:  

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

59.4° here...had to turn the window fans off at midnight.

Hmm, my low was 59F and that was at 5:45AM.

31 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

Yeah. Much more pleasant to sleep in a sweaty bed and wake up to tacky hardwood floors under your feet.. Also great for my Samoyed dog who is suited for Arctic cold. She would absolutely love to live like a homeless man during Summer. 

If it's that warm, then most would use an A/C if they had it.  The problem is, most nights it hasn't been that warm.  When the outside temp is in the low 60s and your A/C set point temperature is higher than that, why bother?  If it's a window unit, it's going to just blow so why not have a fan blowing?

FWIW, my overnight low was 59° and I ran a fan and felt perfectly fine all night.

43 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

First real summer for our 1 year old St Bernard/ Siberian Husky mix, yea he doesn't like heat at all, holes up inside from 1000 pm to 6 pm, thats when the Sun is in the yard.

Screenshot_20190703-084047_Gallery.jpg

49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro op looks pretty warm in the extended. I feel like the heat is more likely to verify. Thought DIT would’ve posted about it by now, but maybe he woke up puking on the ceilometer at FMH?

It was cloudy and cool most of the day at the beach until like 5PM then it was glorious.  The constant light breeze is perfect on the south coast during heat waves. God I missed RI. Its Epic today, this was a neat lower  air Meso from yesterday

Screenshot_20190703-084537_Gallery.jpg