Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

37 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Yup can't  stand that guy! HHH today

Anyone who gives up their professional career to fight for justice or whatever they want to stand for is ok my book.... regardless if I agree with him or her. People tend to be short sighted and either agree/like or disagree/dislike someone because it doesn’t fit their beliefs. It’s why we are divided more than ever. Sad.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Anyone who gives up their professional career to fight for justice or whatever they want to stand for is ok my book.... regardless if I agree with him or her. People tend to be short sighted and either agree/like or disagree/dislike someone because it doesn’t fit their beliefs. It’s why we are divided more than ever. Sad.

Yup.  Rebellion is part of what made America what it is today.  What led to the 4th of July was all about rebelling against an unwanted government.  

Celebrating the 4th while hating on people who stand up for what they believe in is an interesting dichotomy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think he gave up his career because he kind of sucked in recent years.

Just sayin'......

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  Rebellion is part of what made America what it is today.  What led to the 4th of July was all about rebelling against an unwanted government.  

Celebrating the 4th while hating on people who stand up for what they believe in is an interesting dichotomy.

Missing your point.  I think I stand up for what I believe in.  I stand with Betsy Ross, an abolitionist Quaker.  And I stand against Nike which is purely trying to read a marketing opportunity, as wrong-headed as it may be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Missing your point.  I think I stand up for what I believe in.

By saying you don’t like someone else who stands up for what they believe in?  Whatever happened to “I may not like what you say, but I’ll fight for your right to say it”?

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

By saying you don’t like someone else who stands up for what they believe in?  Whatever happened to “I may not like what you say, but I’ll fight for your right to say it”?

He has the right to say it.  And I have the right to say he's a tool.  And he is.  :)

This one is so off I don't' know where to start.

• Like 1

Didn’t mean to start a Kaep argument. Was more in reference to the Betsy Ross flag being posted and the Nike shoe issue...lol

Anyway, lots of high clouds here today are putting a bit of a cap on potential max temps. Almost a complete, but thin, overcast now and 83.4°. Sorta halfway between a halo and sun dimly visible look. Lots more clouds upstream too.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Didn’t mean to start a Kaep argument. Was more in reference to the Betsy Ross flag being posted and the Nike shoe issue...lol

Anyway, lots of high clouds here today are putting a bit of a cap on potential max temps. Almost a complete, but thin, overcast now and 83.4°. Sorta halfway between a halo and sun dimly visible look. Lots more clouds upstream too.

Well politics aside, most would agree he sucks.  :)

Meanwhile, watering the new lawn to offset the impact of the heat today.  Weather permitting, I'll be mowing it Saturday.

Meanwhile about to go out for a hot run. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Didn't expect to drop into this kind of conversation here.

I once went to a justice march carrying my American flag, and while I was nervous at first about the reaction I'd get, it was the exact opposite. People were glad that the flag was present, because it symbolizes (IMO) hope and the promise that if we don't like something we have the ability to change it.

At one point, everyone suddenly stopped and began kneeling. Out of all the people there, I was one of the few that didn't. I wasn't offended that they knelt. They weren't offended that I stood. The march continued and that was that. 

I'm unapologetic about my love for this country. That's fully knowing that when colonists were fighting for their freedom they kept my ancestors were in chains and while my grandfather was fighting for his country in WWII he was in law and in practice a second class citizen contrary to our Constitution. Hell, about 15 years ago hooded klan tried to intimidate me and my family. But I can't help but look at where I am compared to where all those before me were and be grateful that through all of that our people and institutions evolved to make this country better. 

We're not where we need to be but damn it if we're not a little closer today. 

And that is what the 4th means to me lol

89/72 here. Sultry. 

I stand and salute you.  :)

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those rebels exist today. ;)  However, just don't say so 'cuz ...big brother is looking.

HHH 92F on the car thermometer in Reading.

52 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Missing your point.  I think I stand up for what I believe in.  I stand with Betsy Ross, an abolitionist Quaker.  And I stand against Nike which is purely trying to read a marketing opportunity, as wrong-headed as it may be.

Yeah you do and you have every right to do it.  And every other citizen has a right to do that whether you agree with them or not.  

I’m not sure how Nike entered this discussion, ya.  I stand for the flag but I am fully supportive of others if they don’t.  If someone wants to do a handstand instead, that’s there right.  

Anyway, this is what the 4th feels like.  Hot and humid.  And we are lucky to live in such a good society where we have enough free time to argue about stuff on a weather forum.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah you do and you have every right to do it.  And every other citizen has a right to do that whether you agree with them or not.  

I’m not sure how Nike entered this discussion, ya.  I stand for the flag but I am fully supportive of others if they don’t.  If someone wants to do a handstand instead, that’s there right.  

Anyway, this is what the 4th feels like.  Hot and humid.  And we are lucky to live in such a good society where we have enough free time to argue about stuff on a weather forum.

LOL--first world problems.

36 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Well politics aside, most (white people) would agree he sucks.  :)

Meanwhile, watering the new lawn to offset the impact of the heat today.  Weather permitting, I'll be mowing it Saturday.

Meanwhile about to go out for a hot run. 

FYP.  Perspective Mike.  Easy to see it from your angle if you haven lived in the other man’s shoes.

• Like 2

Finally installed yesterday. Couldn't take the warm urban nights anymore. Woke up Wednesday in a complete sweat. Wish I was 20 miles outside the city instead of the harbor coast. At least it still gets into the low 60's/upper 50's inland at night to cool off a bit.

July 3rd is the latest I've ever installed though

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

FYP.  Perspective Mike.  Easy to see it from your angle if you haven lived in the other man’s shoes.

What the hell, Jerry--what's race have to do with his stats?  He rode the pine because he could no longer deliver wins.  And teams didn't want him because he couldn't deliver wins.

37 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I once went to a justice march carrying my American flag, and while I was nervous at first about the reaction I'd get, it was the exact opposite. People were glad that the flag was present, because it symbolizes (IMO) hope and the promise that if we don't like something we have the ability to change it.

At one point, everyone suddenly stopped and began kneeling. Out of all the people there, I was one of the few that didn't. I wasn't offended that they knelt. They weren't offended that I stood. The march continued and that was that. 

I'm unapologetic about my love for this country. That's fully knowing that when colonists were fighting for their freedom they kept my ancestors were in chains and while my grandfather was fighting for his country in WWII he was in law and in practice a second class citizen contrary to our Constitution. Hell, about 15 years ago hooded klan tried to intimidate me and my family. But I can't help but look at where I am compared to where all those before me were and be grateful that through all of that our people and institutions evolved to make this country better. 

89/72 here. Sultry. 

:clap:

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

What the hell, Jerry--what's race have to do with his stats?  He rode the pine because he could no longer deliver wins.

That’s 100% correct. 

He sucked his last couple years . 

Now if he said this back when he was still relevant as a player he would have been a owners nightmare. 

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

What the hell, Jerry--what's race have to do with his stats?  He rode the pine because he could no longer deliver wins.  And teams didn't want him because he couldn't deliver wins.

Look at all the shit bums signed while he was boycotted.  Had he not knelt he’d still be in the nfl even as a hanger on.

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

89/72 here. Sultry. 

Beautifully said. It's worth remembering what Ben Franklin said, that "politics is the art of the possible." Many of the northern delegates to the Continental Congresses found slavery revolting, but couldn't have brought the southern states into the revolution if they made emancipation a part of the deal. They needed unanimity to take on the greatest military power in history. Even some southerners recognized the basic hypocrisy of retaining that institution in the new republic. And the system of government they devised, codifying expressly for the first time in written form the rights of the people, was built intentionally to be difficult (but not impossible) to amend so as to prevent the creep of tyrannical power and radicalism. Is our country perfect? Certainly not. Nor is any country or system of government because men are not perfect. But ours is probably the best guarantor of individual liberty we've devised so far.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Finally installed yesterday. Couldn't take the warm urban nights anymore. Woke up Wednesday in a complete sweat. Wish I was 20 miles outside the city instead of the harbor coast. At least it still gets into the low 60's/upper 50's inland at night to cool off a bit.

July 3rd is the latest I've ever installed though

What was the value in waiting?  I’m curious.  Although admittedly I had days in the 80s while you struggled to hit 70...

83/63F Thin cirrus and haze.

My house was built in 1795.  George Washington was president.  My VP2 and Betsy Ross flag stand proudly over this house as they have for many years.  Things were different back then but proud to be an American and fly any flag I want.  The 15 star flag became the official flag on May 1 1795 as Vermont and I believe Kentucky entered the union

house.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Look at all the shit bums signed while he was boycotted.  Had he not knelt he’d still be in the nfl even as a hanger on.

Why would anyone hire someone who they think will be a problem?  I don't hire people with demonstrated ability if I don't think they will be positive addition  to my company (team).  I view the need for competency and chemistry in my hires. 

• Thanks 1