Total Members
    Most Online
    Landia_Copeland
    Newest Member
    Landia_Copeland

April Banter 2019

41 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Denver must be a wild place to live.

Yep. It can be 75 one day and 30 the next. Just like this week. Then you get to May and have to play dodge'em with the 1-3 inch hail stones lol. Then June, July and Aug hit and 100-105 isn't unrealistic.

4 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You know winter is over when you log on and the non banter threads have 12-15 hours between posts. 

this is the worst time of year for posting. unless a big severe storm spins up that actually impacts us. most have gone into spring hibernation

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Yep. It can be 75 one day and 30 the next. Just like this week. Then you get to May and have to play dodge'em with the 1-3 inch hail stones lol. Then June, July and Aug hit and 100-105 isn't unrealistic.

My kind of place.

18 minutes ago, mappy said:

this is the worst time of year for posting. unless a big severe storm spins up that actually impacts us. most have gone into spring hibernation

This is a joyful time for year-rounders like me lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

See, the spring hibernation, I look forward to that.

23 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

See, the spring hibernation, I look forward to that.

Very relaxed here now. Hardly any bad posts(or posters), no trolling lol.

I post much less frequently, but that's mostly because I always have plenty of outside stuff to keep me busy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Jealous

565B711F-5921-443C-A5CF-72290D0A4D3A.thumb.png.0621291862cb46f0132077e508521679.png

I'm fully on board for spring, severe, warmth, and tropical, but that would have been a great storm chase. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Webcams from SD from Skycam Network. 

https://www.keloland.com/weather/skycams

eta- cranking pretty good in Chamberlain area. Heavy sideways snow.

That's a pretty cool park.  We stopped in there when we did a three week National Parks tour several years back.  I especially like that they still have the Christmas decorations on the lamp posts!

• Like 2

This event looks like a pretty big bust for E SD and MN, particularity the Minneapolis vicinity. Huge dry slot. OTOH, places that looked to be fringed (further north) earlier, are getting hit hard. Fargo area getting pummeled pretty good currently. See, it even happens out there. The late north trend. The equivalent of PSU land gets crushed, lol.

• Haha 3

On 4/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, wxdude64 said:

Dang they can get snow AND hail? Wow--would love to have that climate here!!

Hmmm... new trailer for the last Star Wars movie (Episode IX - now known as The Rise of Skywalker) is interesting... but that's def Emperor Palpatine's laugh at the end

• Like 1

Took to Twitter today to get real time wx information on the Deep South severe event today and all I got was politics. I just want to throw up and delete my account. It’s just awful. All awful.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cb2a66d6d5333484d

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, mappy said:

You can all check out my baking. Moving into spring I made a Key Lime Cheese cake for our 20th Anniversary last Wednesday. And today I am doing homemade Neapolitan style Pizza. Dough is in the fridge and ready to go later today. :)

• Like 3

Realize this is in the weeds and overly anal, but has anyone else noticed the NWS radar upgrade with a new color in the medium rain spectrum?  A new color that appeared about 3 months ago, but still isn't on the legend on the bottom of the display?  The radar now includes a greenish/yellow color that bridges the gap between green and yellow.  It's on the radar display, but not in the legend.  Out of character for them to miss the obvious since adding the color to the legend is just a simple web design edit. 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/south-carolina/weather-radar?play=1

Great week in Aspen.   Warm and sunny then snow for two days.   Experienced amazing extremes on the mountain.    40 mph gusts, dense fog, blinding snow to people skiing in shorts.   Fun!

So we are contemplating moving and it's likely we will either stay in the immediate area or head west. So, what's a good location for me for snow? I'm in Elkridge now. Mount Airy, New Market, and Frederick are areas we would consider. Preferably, we would like to stay near 70 for commuting purposes, so Parr's Ridge is out.

I’m not sure if my soil is just terrible because of saturation or what, but the wind keeps ripping my vp2 out of the ground. It’s already screwed up my anemometer. Ugh.

Eta: what kind of stakes should I use? Would 1’ be long enough?

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m not sure if my soil is just terrible because of saturation or what, but the wind keeps ripping my vp2 out of the ground. It’s already screwed up my anemometer. Ugh.

Eta: what kind of stakes should I use? Would 1’ be long enough?

I mounted mine on a shed roof ( tripod) . How about a railing post on a deck ? If in ground maby buy a piece of PVC pipe that's slightly bigger then the mounting pole ...bury that about 24-30 inches then slip VP2 pole in it and secure with a simple through bolt and nut and it would be removable also. If its tripod type you could use long stakes like you said as well . The sturdy corner of the house with wall mount would work to.

• Thanks 1