Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2019

George BM

8 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Co-sign. Avengers Endgame was unreal good. They totally paid off the whole long arc. Cheering, crying, all of it. As loud a theater as I have ever been in (Senator Theater in Baltimore for those local who know).

That theater is still there? Brings back memories. Been roughly 35 years since I was collecting ticket receipts and overseeing the showing of Ghost Busters there for a friend's father. Great movie but after seeing good chunks of it for 3 weeks running I admit I was going crazy. But... I could quote just about every line in the movie by the end. :lol:

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Late April snow in Northern Pa is pretty rare even there but from 2 separate systems Saturday am and then again on Sunday potentially according to some guidance...pretty cool if it occurs. 

Wisc may get a foot of heavy wet snow on Saturday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

So ...you might have taken my ticket from "Return of the Jedi " in 83' then :lol:

Edit... that was at Security Square Mall though . So maybe not lol:lmao:

Security Square Mall. Mother used to take us there all the time before teen riots and crime started occurring there with regularity.

And the Ghostbusters job was just a one shot deal as i was just trying to help my friends father out of a pickle. Don't know if I could have stood doing that full time as it was boring has hell after seeing the first few showings of a flick. All it entailed was collecting the money, being present to make sure no money was being skimmed and to make sure that the movie showed without any hitches. As I said, boring as hell.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Late April snow in Northern Pa is pretty rare even there but from 2 separate systems Saturday am and then again on Sunday potentially according to some guidance...pretty cool if it occurs. 

Thought about camping this weekend in the mountains up around Carlisle but after seeing what the temps were going to be we decided to take a flyer on it and shoot for this upcoming weekend.

12 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Sure is. The owners re-did it about 15 years ago and even expanded it a bit to add three theaters aside from the massive main one about six years ago. Has a bar now too. It’s awesome.

Loved the old Senator. With it being built in 1939 it had a classic old time theater look that you often see in the older movies. Hope they didn't take too much of that away with the renovation.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Oh nice. Where abouts? In town? (I hope not lol). Actually, I am being mean, there are some really nice old victorians right in town there.

She’s off Wood Duck Rd. It’s a nice house just a packed neighborhood. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

She’s off Wood Duck Rd. It’s a nice house just a packed neighborhood. 

Oh yeah thats right near the school. I go over that way to get chicken parm from La Delizia.

I am about 3 miles west of there. I am headed out in a few mins. If i was gonna be home(and my place was a bit more presentable lol), I would invite you to stop by for a drink and a chat. I need to make an effort to get my ass to the next GTG.

Anyway tell your sis welcome to the area. Its quaint and quiet. Hope she isn't a big fan of snow :P 

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Oh yeah thats right near the school. I go over that way to get chicken parm from La Delizia.

I am about 3 miles west of there. I am headed out in a few mins. If i was gonna be home(and my place was a bit more presentable lol), I would invite you to stop by for a drink and a chat. I need to make an effort to get my ass to the next GTG.

Anyway tell your sis welcome to the area. Its quaint and quiet. Hope she isn't a big fan of snow :P 

Well I’ll cheers you here! I’m sure I’ll be back in the area again now that family is here. And don’t worry she’s not a snow fan like me lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yoda said:

I don't see them being good (as in .500 team) for a few more years tbh

Well that's part of the plan, actually...lol Hence the term rebuilding! :D I always refer to the Astros...I would be willing to bet they still looked awful the first two or three years of that rebuild before things finally took shape! (and now here we are with people at the helm who were apart of that epic rebuild! Go Elias!)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic