Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Just 2 hours ago the board was full of optimism, looking forward to winter's fury.  Then the Euro spoke, and the weenies croak... tossing the king far and wide.  Ah...what a winter!

It’s been a while since we have had any opportunities for the EURO to be Dr.No again. 

5 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Just 2 hours ago the board was full of optimism, looking forward to winter's fury.  Then the Euro spoke, and the weenies croak... tossing the king far and wide.  Ah...what a winter!

it's because the cinema of the storm was interrupted ... 

weather and weather phenomenon might have something to do with it in there somewhere, but primarily... it's whenever the "rush" they get from the models gets interrupted the "high" is ruined... 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Euro op probably has right idea with SE ridging and this pattern. 

It seems to me 8 out of 10 from 90-120 since the upgrade the Euro Op verifies too amped on any sort of significant storm system in the eastern US.  I think this will be a rain to snow transition but it’s not tracking as far west as that Op run showed 

The problem is Friday/Saturday have some impact on Monday.  I’m not sure how much but they do.  Right now the Op Euro at least moved towards the NAM/GGEM idea for the MA/NJ region Friday.  It had been as flat as a pancake on that little system til today.  At the same time though it was flatter for Saturday night on the possible SNE event.  May not have much resolution for 48-60 hours 

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Didn’t even notice til now Boston got out of the least snowiest winter.  That 1.6 they reported the other night seems fishy to me.  Was that an overmeasurement vs their continuous undermeasuring?  I don’t recall their vis ever going below 2-3SM and it only snowed for 4-5 hours 

No it was real. Most of us had around 2" in that front ender. 

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Didn’t even notice til now Boston got out of the least snowiest winter.  That 1.6 they reported the other night seems fishy to me.  Was that an overmeasurement vs their continuous undermeasuring?  I don’t recall their vis ever going below 2-3SM and it only snowed for 4-5 hours 

When the he'll did Belichek and the Patriots take over Boston snow measurements ('cough' cheat 'cough')

It's just that everybody is so Snakebitten in SNE.....this would normally not bother us as much being 5 days out, but the tenor is just so bad...you know this has to be right lol.  I'm a product of the 80's...and this is it to a T!!  Whatever can go wrong WILL.  And this season is the epitome of THAT.   It will find every way possible not to snow here this winter.  Somebody just said this morning about missing out on all the chances...well the Euro OP just showed us how that happens.