• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957

March Disco

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I want to use my grill again.  Since we added on a screen porch, my grill is now at the bottom of the porch stairs on the side of the house that gets no sun in the evening, and is now buried by the snow.   Can't wait to throw on some salmon or steaks

I don't grill as much anymore now that i bought a flat top griddle.

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Maybe the tulips will pop up along the foundation this week!

Thats the spirit!  And in la saison d'amour many things can pop!  

I might start a thread in hopes of jinxing it.  Maybe "Our final meridional expression of the winter of 2018-2019"  Looks good from a distance... but smaller, softer and limper the closer we get.  Then we can talk about tulips and DST in here.

28 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Maybe the tulips will pop up along the foundation this week!

Way ahead of you there. Already have daffodils and tulips poking up. Crocuses and snowdrops are blooming in spots too.

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it’s March and we had maybe 6 posts this morning talking about warm weather happening this week. Oh the horror. If there was snow or cold to talk about we’d probably be discussing that. 

lol I'm looking forward to a mild couple days.  It's time to do shirtless yardwork at 48F in the 28" pack.  

I love the first warm days of spring.  Been a long winter since early November.  It's time.

Those who have kids are loving this. Get them outside, melt this crap, and enjoy not losing sanity. I wouldn’t have thought this way years ago, but now...we think. 

Of course if a blue bomb appears imminent, we go back to being weenies. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn’t have thought this way years ago, but now...we think.

#aging

I may have to change my name to dry adiabat or something.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

#aging

I may have to change my name to dry adiabat or something.

Maybe dendrunk?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not that anyone asked but I'm not sure I understand (necessarily) why the modeling initialization has to be cow-tied to the movement of the clock in the first place ... Every reason I have ever heard sounds perfunctory if not knee-jerk replaying a familiar mantra of faux perceived limitation. 

I disagree - the world of technology is not a part of natural laws. We're not asking to change E=MC2 here ... It may be a pain in the collective ass for deterministic/operational weather forecasting to "re"wire the globe around something ...oh, gee, intelligent... Or, we can keep coming up with preclusively insurmountable excuses that when are put in the logic crucible they only purify to excuses to not change period. 

In general, there is a tendency ( I feel ..) for industrialized society "switch trippers" to trap their thinking inside of bounds of operation ...and when first suggestion for change materializes, that's impossible! No, there's no hand from god, or Quantum Mechanical principle in natural physics that says we can't call time whatever in the f we want.  

But perhaps this is a maverick talking :)   Rewire the thing ... so that it's 7 am period... .Move the clocks all we want... you launch your f balloons and drop your sondes and program your satellites at that same numerical clock value, period. 

Yup!  Balloon launch at 11 z / 23 z during DST works for me! lol

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Maybe dendrunk?

You've been angry this winter since I've lost interest in all snow, all the time. I'm sorry I've let you down. :(

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most folks go from ACATT to only that way in Nov-Feb.. and enjoy deep heat and high dews. I’d say 85% of us here 

Hoping for a summer like last. Dews above 70 every day and up around 90....yes please. I can't wait to walk outside to my car at 5:05 AM with high dews and it already in the lower 70's

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most folks go from ACATT to only that way in Nov-Feb.. and enjoy deep heat and high dews. I’d say 85% of us here 

I will go out on a limb and say that 85% of people here do not like high dews. 

There is nothing memorable about this winter...nothing. Even in some of the crappier winters there was atleast something exciting that happened. This year? None... zero. Once this goes in the rearview mirror(hopefully soon) winter 2018-19 will probably never get mentioned again.

On to spring.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

At least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hazey said:

There is nothing memorable about this winter...nothing. Even in some of the crappier winters there was atleast something exciting that happened. This year? None... zero. Once this goes in the rearview mirror(hopefully soon) winter 2018-19 will probably never get mentioned again.

On to spring.

lol, It will just be an avg one instead of the 130% some expected,  I'll make sure to bring it up then so it won't get forgotten.

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It isn't the south, but living in central Delaware was horrible. Between the Chesapeake, Delaware Bay and the ocean, it never dried out. It was dews, all the time from like May to October...mosquitoes and sticky all the time, no thanks...I don't mind them from time to time though, reminds you that it is summer.

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Hoping for a summer like last. Dews above 70 every day and up around 90....yes please. I can't wait to walk outside to my car at 5:05 AM with high dews and it already in the lower 70's

Most of us are. That was a true summer of yore. Everyday you woke up to high dews and no worries of chill or grabbing jackets at night . Just ADATT

It’s been a strange one. For the overperforming Nov event, then non stop snow to rainers, to the cold tuck should have been rain but went straight to ice, and then the few 3-5” events followed by the big boy last week. That storm last week being one of the best positive busts I can recall in a long time. Go figure. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most of us are. That was a true summer of yore. Everyday you woke up to high dews and no worries of chill or grabbing jackets at night . Just ADATT

Exactly what I want. Don't think I had to wear a sweatshirt at all last summer. Doesn't happen often. Even at night. Hell...I only wore long pants when I had my suit on.

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Never again. Fighting mildew all gd summer. Awful awful awful.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I have a mutant metabolism, but I've literally never had to wear a sweater or sweatshirt during the summer.

And no high dews. Or warm springs. I actually like cold weather for its own sake. If the dews are like last summer, I'll be unhappy. I don't like fighting root rot in all my plants.

17 minutes ago, Hazey said:

On to spring.

We had a nice Windex 2" around here...other than that it was pretty 80s awful.   The cold in my area was pretty weak compared to other years.  A lot of rain, but not really warm.  November had my largest snow event.

It was sort of like a lame version of 2011-2012.  I had the big October event (22") and then we torched in Morch.  This was was wimpy all around.

Maybe we grab a bowling ball, but I think that looks doubtful

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

It isn't the south, but living in central Delaware was horrible. Between the Chesapeake, Delaware Bay and the ocean, it never dried out. It was dews, all the time from like May to October...mosquitoes and sticky all the time, no thanks...I don't mind them from time to time though, reminds you that it is summer.

I had a place on the Eastern Shore and it was absolutely torrid all summer. Gotta have Raynaud's to appreciate the sh*t.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Exactly what I want. Don't think I had to wear a sweatshirt at all last summer. Doesn't happen often. Even at night. Hell...I only wore long pants when I had my suit on.

We (my hood) had a nice June (hot and dry) but after the first week in July it was awful.  Dews, rain, dews rain...gross, smelly, mold growing nastiness.  Not sure how that was pleasant.

Give me CoC anytime

• Like 1