Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

15 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Didn’t even notice til now Boston got out of the least snowiest winter.  That 1.6 they reported the other night seems fishy to me.  Was that an overmeasurement vs their continuous undermeasuring?  I don’t recall their vis ever going below 2-3SM and it only snowed for 4-5 hours 

Huh?  You can get 2-3" in 5 hours with 2-3sm -SN.  Big ol' fatty dendrites can do it.  Hell, JSpin's zone can do 1/2" per hour with 3sm vis ;).

14 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Didn’t even notice til now Boston got out of the least snowiest winter.  That 1.6 they reported the other night seems fishy to me.  Was that an overmeasurement vs their continuous undermeasuring?  I don’t recall their vis ever going below 2-3SM and it only snowed for 4-5 hours 

I'm right next to KBOS and you're right in that there was continuous undermeasuring there, I'd say until the New Year this year. Since then, every one of their measurements has matched mine pretty well including the 1.6" measured a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they went with a change of persons/procedures for the beginning of this calendar year?

On another note, the EPS looks amazing. Benchmark mean right there, 2 runs in a row with the most recent run looking even better.

That'll put me at ease for the next 12 hours for a d5 threat, no matter what any of the global OPs show for 18z and 00z tonight

Just now, Spanks45 said:

11 to 13 inches for the whole run.....something has to give right?

You would hope right????  I've lived here all my life...and even in the horrid 80's...you'd get one every once in a while that'd break right and we'd score big.  I'd love to go out of this putrid winter with a good bang/run, I hope we can pull something off over the next 10 days.