• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller
NEG NAO

February 11 -12 Winter Storm Threat

Very light freezing rain/sleet/flurries in Tribeca. Temps in the 20s still, fairly icy sidewalks. I'd imagine it must be pretty icy outside of Manhattan with less heavy pedestrian activity. 

Just now, NittanyWx said:

Snow and sleet, 21.  This is a big time sleet fest Hudson valleyand ct as expected.  Wedge remains stout.

Since areas to the south are unexpectedly mixing with and switching to snow, is that a good sign that freezing rain is not imminent (yet)? 

It would seem that the upper level warming has not penetrated enough layers yet given the widespread sleet and now snow again in central NJ.

Thanks

1 hour ago, terrapin8100 said:

I'm off of Hawkes near 9A. Still moderate snow but mix line is closing in. 22°

cool we are close by.  Miserable out now.  Sleetfest here now.  Got about two inches of snow before changeover.  

5 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

I don't think anything needs to be said.  Tell me how I busted?

You said quick sleet to rain transition and that's not the case. I'm going to pick up 2"+ of sleet/snow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I doubt anyone goes above freezing until the dry slot comes through around 6-7pm. Temps are stuck in mid to upper 20's region wide and obviously colder well NW 

Just now, mikem81 said:

I doubt anyone goes above freezing until the dry slot comes through around 6-7pm. Temps are stuck in mid to upper 20's region wide and obviously colder well NW 

yup... 24/20 here

13 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Yup. I frickin NAILED this storm on my official FB post. 

If anything more just dryslotting sorta up here in Harlem. Very unimpressive rates. But I don't see us getting above freezing until precip shuts off, which is exactly what I suspected. Writing was on the wall.