Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 11 -12 Winter Storm Threat

NEG NAO

24 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

1 inch for the park. .8 for the aiports, upton on twitter this morning had 3-6.  Also had 5 inches at White Plains this MORNING.  These totals are spot on what I predicted on Sunday.  I mean its not even close.

The airport and NYC totals all seem low to me.  I’m pretty sure they under measured due to sleet.  All should be around 1.7-2.2 based on calculation with sleet/snow  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

1 inch for the park. .8 for the aiports, upton on twitter this morning had 3-6.  Also had 5 inches at White Plains this MORNING.  These totals are spot on what I predicted on Sunday.  I mean its not even close.

Honestly dude u said rain QUICKLY after a brief period of frozen.... give it rest you were wrong but your too ignorant to admit it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NittanyWx said:

You busted, so did Upton.  Predicting weather is hard. Learn from it.

my snow amounts were bang on, low level cold was a tad more impressive than i thought but the end result is the same.  NYC will be raining by 7pm.  My thoughts on mid level warmth severely reducing the snow to a 1-2 hr period was bang on.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

my snow amounts were bang on, low level cold was a tad more impressive than i thought but the end result is the same.  NYC will be raining by 7pm.  My thoughts on mid level warmth severely reducing the snow to a 1-2 hr period was bang on.  

You missed about 6 hours of sleet.  That's a miss.  Happens.  Find out why you missed and learn from it.

Or keep defending a busted forecast, doesnt matter to me.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Not much the last hour or so. Up to a total of 1.6" of snow/sleet from 1.5" an hour ago, but heavy precip is on our doorstep. Should still be sleet, I believe, but temps are up to 29F now and 32F temps are only about 15 miles from us now, so it's possible we'll get to 32F in the next couple of hours. It's also possible we'll have some freezing rain before then. The only saving grace there is that it wouldn't be accumulating on bare ground/pavement for the most part, so would hopefully not become a sheet of ice if it fell.

Sleet picked up the last 20 minutes and we're now up to 1.75" of snow/sleet combined, as of 4 pm, and it's sleeting pretty heavily right now and the radar looks very juicy. Still 29F, so hoping this next hour or so of heavy precip is sleet and not freezing rain. HRRR still showing sleet for the NB/Edison area until about 6 pm or so; could have a bit of freezing rain after that for an hour or two.  Kids having a blast across the street (small sledding hill) and the local roads are horrible.

Should be going over freezing in the 7-8 range NYC (earlier lower Manhattan/Brooklyn), think coastal CT more like 830-9.   Interior is gonna take a while, still expecting a period of ZR Hudson Valley and north of the Merritt this evening.  We've mostly stayed sleet during the daytime hours, which is as expected.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

Should be going over freezing in the 7-8 range NYC, think coastal CT more like 830-9.   Interior is gonna take a while, still expecting a period of ZR Hudson Valley and north of the Merritt this evening.  We've mostly stayed sleet during the daytime hours, which is as expected.

This reminds me of VD 2007, 2006-07 was one of the winters I was looking at when I noticed all these inland runner/hugger tracks we were having.