Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Maybe ...maybe not...  Can't really trust the web.  It's gotten so bad - the web ... - that if you try to look up a source's media bias/political affiliation, the reporting site then has to also be vetted themselves, to see if they are in turn merely slanderous in inventing impressions of the the former  ...

It's become a big whirling dervish of indirection/miss-direction, designed solely (really) to keep truth concealed from getting out onto a source that "could have" been the ultimate expose on complicit shit. 

This is human kind.  We covet our ability to be complicit so much that purely by accident ... our collective efforts have managed to conspire to ruin the Internet. 

Everything else on that thing is designed (literally) to sell something. 

Oy... it's no wonder people fear global population correction and ending ways of life as we know them/it ... Its because on some unconsciously level ...they probably WANT that and perceive it as NEEDED.  

You may not want to trust the web, but you might try walking down the street to Golden Gate park and pass a whole line of cars with smashed windows.  #NFN

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Maybe ...maybe not...  Can't really trust the web.  It's gotten so bad - the web ... - that if you try to look up a source's media bias/political affiliation, the reporting site then has to also be vetted themselves, to see if they are in turn merely slanderous in inventing impressions of the the former  ...

It's become a big whirling dervish of indirection/miss-direction, designed solely (really) to keep truth concealed from getting out onto a source that "could have" been the ultimate expose on complicit shit. 

This is human kind.  We covet our ability to be complicit so much that purely by accident ... our collective efforts have managed to conspire to ruin the Internet. 

Everything else on that thing is designed (literally) to sell something. 

Oy... it's no wonder people fear global population correction and ending ways of life as we know them/it ... Its because on some unconsciously level ...they probably WANT that and perceive it as NEEDED.  

I've visited twice in the last year, and saw nothing out of the ordinary for a city. I see way more homelessness in Portland (ME) than I did there. Though my sister, who lives there, does say that a few neighborhoods are worse than others (e.g. Mission District). 

As for midweek, the NAEFS ensemble uncertainty points towards most of the variance being in the strength of secondary low pressure over New England. Kick the ridge out west up a bit tomorrow, and give that TPV intrusion more room to dig and get a stronger, farther south secondary.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I roll my eyes at the ratio talk every storm.

You usually need to be under a deform band for more than 12:1.

Yeah, I mean ratio forecasting is complicated (and the NWS is doing it now, but I can almost guarantee we suck at it). At a minimum a deep DGZ with collocated lift will generate dendrites. But wind fracturing can have large impacts. Low level RH can be a huge driver of what happens to those crystals as they fall (e.g. a little dry air causes sublimation that turns crystals into a more dense ratio).